Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ben Lippen

Rate the Food Fling chili's

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

As usual, I never got to eat hardly anything at the fling. But I am quite curious how you folks liked the various chili's.

I guess there was only three, as SurfnHorns was listed as stew.

So, there was mine, Sudsys', and MikeMcs'.

Mullet Miller told me Monday night that he liked Sudsys' the best.

EdP called me over during the fling and said while mine was good, that Sudsys was quite a bit hotter. Then he ate another spoonful, shook his head, and said "Yep, alot hotter." Knowing Ed all these years, I knew that this meant it was his top choice smile.gif

So please, if anyone tried them, if ya wouldnt mind rating them for us I'd appreciate it. Thanks smile.gif

Can't help ya there, Ben, as I didn't have all three......I did get half a bowl of Sudsy's, and it was great (not as good as mine, but....tongue.gif....perhaps next year I gotta go back to making that again for the Fling wink.gif).

As to Ben's. I only had a half a spoonful in the kitchen just to make sure it was heated enough, but that wasn't enough of a taste to do it justice (and no, Ben, I didn't let it get away from me and have the bottom burn this year.....wink.gif.....although, as Paul Harvey used to say, there is "The Rest of the Story"......but that will have to wait until tomorrow....wink.gif)

As to Mike's, never got even a spoonful......frown.gif

Who made the Venison Chili?? Mike?? That was my top chili because I'm partial to the flavor of venison in chili. It's not something you can make up with spices or mixing meats. Venison is venison and I think it makes a killer chili icon14.gif

I did not get any of Sudsy's but I didn't need too -- I already know that Sudsy can't cook tongue.gif

Ben's Chili was as flavorful as ever, but I too would have gone with more heat. It seems to have been hotter in years past. This seemed to be more of a crowd pleaser than a heat pleaser. beers.gif

I thought that Dubs' White Bean Chicken Chili was fantastic. Instead of making yet another red chili, he goes white -- nice move. icon14.gif I hit that twice drool.gif