Halvey64

Comparing Atom 40 Swimmers

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I was at the Saltwater Edge last night and saw some Lordship Lure Atom 40 and Atom JR size, shape, color lures. What have been your experience in the variation of Atom 40 metal lip swimmers? How do LL compare to BM as compared to Habb's etc? From outside the package looking in the only concern I had was the strength and durability of the metal lip. The wire, hardware and finish all looked great...I just haven't seen them swim.

Well I haven't used the Lordships yet but I did talk to the guy who makes them at the Farmingdale show and picked some up.

His Jr. dives but is made for calmer water then the BM and is not tail weighted.

The Atom 40 does not dive that deep at all. He said that it is a surface to just below the surface lure.

But because of this they have more action and nicer wiggle then most. But again he said that they are mostly for use in calmer surf conditions.

They are also slightly smaller in size then the BM's

Thats just what he told me I have no real life experience with the Lordships I'll get back to you on that in the spring. beers.gif

my favorites were Bluestreaks - the hooks where far enough not to tangle.

When Corey and I were doing BC plugs we made a 40 that is good as any I've used. :howdy: I dont have to buy any plugs ever again but if I did it would be Lordship. Clean and solid like ours were.

I am a BIG fan of the original Bob Pond Atom 40's, not the foam type, but the older plastic type, I load them with BB's at different weights, to use at different depths of the water column, for instance, at the CCC , I load them heavier to get down deeper, once again depending how deep I go and fish........ just my 2 cents 

I am a BIG fan of the original Bob Pond Atom 40's, not the foam type, but the older plastic type, I load them with BB's at different weights, to use at different depths of the water column, for instance, at the CCC , I load them heavier to get down deeper, once again depending how deep I go and fish........ just my 2 cents

Huge fan of those plugs!!! Favorite 40 hands down. I always found they casted the best and each one like a SS was very consistent in weight. Sadly, not too easy to find anymore.