Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yardguy71

New toy

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

Airwave conventional... i has it.biggrin.gif

Was at work today phone rings ... guy from SWE ...tellin me my new rods at the store.

Man o man thats a lotta candy in that shop.

I need this....and this ....some of these ... ooh look at thaaaat.

I really needed to leave there .

Rods nice a bit faster than I wanted but it'll do .

I look forward to getting a report when you get it out on the beach. My experience with the Airwave is that they are deceptive. The tip feels light until you load it and find out it stiffens and can handle more weight than it feels like it can. Anyway, let us know how and what it casts when you have it out. Enjoy.

The tip feels light until you load it and find out it stiffens and can handle more weight than it feels like it can.......we'll seebiggrin.gif we've been cooking up 12 inch pencils...brian ones got your name on itbiggrin.gifHappyWave.gif

View PostThe tip feels light until you load it and find out it stiffens and can handle more weight than it feels like it can.......we'll seebiggrin.gif we've been cooking up 12 inch pencils...brian ones got your name on itbiggrin.gifHappyWave.gif

Howbout Cowboys?mad.gifwink.gif

Good for you,Brian.Huh-Huh,I said Brian.biggrin.gif

View PostThe tip feels light until you load it and find out it stiffens and can handle more weight than it feels like it can.......we'll seebiggrin.gif we've been cooking up 12 inch pencils...brian ones got your name on itbiggrin.gifHappyWave.gif

Cool Ed thanks! biggrin.gif

Ed... only glass can handle your stuff... let's face it. It's either glass or it's going to be the subject of yet another "will Lamiglas replace my rod" thread.

View PostI don't have anything bigger than 3oz at the moment but I'll let you know how it handles that anyways.

Why don't you bring it down here to SoCo so your bro's can test drive it and write a real review!

Glad to hear you finally got a rod for that reel Brian!

PS: For free I'll even give you a lesson in how to cast a conventional. Usually a $100.00 fee biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

My 11' Airwave came today too! Now, which new reel will join the team, Daiwa Baitrunner Sealine Black-BRi 5500 or Emblem Pro? Yep, changed my mind again!

So many decisions..... biggrin.gif

View PostMy 11' Airwave came today too! Now, which new reel will join the team, Daiwa Baitrunner Sealine Black-BRi 5500 or Emblem Pro? Yep, changed my mind again!

So many decisions..... biggrin.gif

Here you go Bill - these will be a perfect match when the new rod looks like the Old Rod

2 broken Saltwater fishing reels"

One of the reels is an old penn (top) and the other is a Shakespear (bottom). Good for Breachway fishing only. The Shakespear maybe able to work again with some internal cleaning.

Selling very cheap, Sold as is. Good Luck!!!!

I already have three of those Penn 105C, two on Benny's Specials rods and one that looks just like the one in the picture that has been used for parts to keep the other two working(more or less). I take some of the students from school fishing once in a while, and don't mind if they beat up those rods.