Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aquacide

so Rahm Emanuel was right, Steele caves in 24 hours

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Rahm Emanuel :

Emanuel, asked who speaks for the GOP: "Rush Limbaugh. I mean, he has laid out his vision, in my view, and he said it clearly, and I compliment him for that. He's been very upfront and I compliment him for that. He's not hiding. He's asked for President Obama and called for President Obama to fail. That's his view. And that's what he has enunciated. And whenever a Republican criticizes him, they have to run back and apologize to him, and say they were misunderstood."

Steele :

"My intent was not to go after Rush -- I have enormous respect for Rush Limbaugh," Steele told Politico in a telephone interview. "I was maybe a little bit inarticulate ... There was no attempt on my part to diminish his voice or his leadership."

Steele told Politico he tried to call Limbaugh after the show on Monday and said he hoped he would be able to talk to the radio host soon.

"I went back at that tape and I realized words that I said weren't what I was thinking," Steele told Politico.

"I respect Rush Limbaugh, he is a national conservative leader, and in no way do I want to diminish his voice," Steele said

cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

View Postexplain what ? how the party is beholden to a radio host ?

it doesn't say much for their principles behind governing does it. so much for representing the people huh...

well duh, that (to some) Steele is an Uncle Tom and when told to, he gives in to members of the party.

View Postwell duh, that (to some) Steele is an Uncle Tom and when told to, he gives in to members of the party.

I get it. you're projecting racism here on Steele, but he's not the only GOP pol to have to apologise to Rushblo.

what was their excuse ? - and bear in mind Emanuel spoke two days before Steele dared to question him...

You couldn't script this stuff if you tried. I really hope the Pubs get it together before '10. We really can't afford a Democratic super-majority in Congress. We need gridlock, but the Republicans are hellbent on handing it to the Dems on a silver platter.frown.gif

View PostYou couldn't script this stuff if you tried. I really hope the Pubs get it together before '10. We really can't afford a Democratic super-majority in Congress. We need gridlock, but the Republicans are hellbent on handing it to the Dems on a silver platter.frown.gif

There will be enough substance to change the power grab by then. No worry.

it doesn't say much for their principles behind governing does it. so much for representing the people huh...

Arnold, Regan, Ventura, weren't these guy's all TV and Movie actor's and were voted in by the people?

By the way all these guys suck at their job. So intern if you go by that rational all of the American people are idiots...

An individual may be smart but the Masses are fickle idiots.wink.gif

yeah Rush is no Community Organizer with a wafer thin resume.

View PostYou couldn't script this stuff if you tried. I really hope the Pubs get it together before '10. We really can't afford a Democratic super-majority in Congress. We need gridlock, but the Republicans are hellbent on handing it to the Dems on a silver platter.frown.gif

You really couldn't.

You know, the 'Republicans on the street" seem to have a pretty unified voice on what they want. Not 100% of course, but most right now are mainly concerned with the economy and returning to true fiscal conservatism. Problem is there are no national leaders right now able to talk mathmatics, it's fuzzy rhetoric. Steele is not the guy, Jindal embarrassed himself with his reply the Obama speech, and McCain just did the same responding to Obama's Lejune speech. It's just damn frustrating. Especially so since Obama has offered up so many opportunties for criticism. They ought to be taking these fools apart but they all seem too stupid to figure out how to do it. They can piss and moan but can't just sell the cold logic of it.

View Postwell duh, that (to some) Steele is an Uncle Tom and when told to, he gives in to members of the party.

so if a black man "triangulates" he is an uncle tom

when bill clinton does it, he is slick

at any rate, as long as the dittoheads hold the rest of the party hostage, they are toast