Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
c4charlie

How to Resize Images Easily

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

I always see a lot of questions on how to resize images. Windows XP had functionality to do this which was as easy as right clicking on the image and resizing. Microsoft removed it with Vista which doesn't make much sense. The easiest method to resize the images is by installing the following program:

Prish Image Resizer

It will allow you to right click on one/many images and select the resize option. Takes seconds and can do a whole folder at a time. Will allow you to overwrite the original images or put the resized images into a separate folder. You can setup default for what you like to resize to and where to put the resized (same location in separate folder works well). It is so useful. Do a search for it and you will not be disappointed. Hopefully this will help someone.

Wasn't sure which forum to put this in but since we are constantly resizing pics for SOL, thought the main forum would be best.

The program comes in a 32bit and 64 bit version for VISTA. I have tried both and they work flawlessly. Wife was really happy with it as well! It is a no brainer.

That's what I use. It lets you make a new e-mail sized image and puts a pre-fix on the file name. It will do all the files selected as a batch. The size you set for each batch is the width in pixels.

Peace

I use Micrsoft Picture Manager.

Click on Start/All programs/microsoft office/microsoft tools/microsoft picture manager. You may need to copy your pics to MS Picture Manager. Sounds like Vista does not have this feature though.

View PostI use Micrsoft Picture Manager.

Click on Start/All programs/microsoft office/microsoft tools/microsoft picture manager. You may need to copy your pics to MS Picture Manager. Sounds like Vista does not have this feature though.

i have vista and use pix managerconfused.gif

View PostThat's what I use. It lets you make a new e-mail sized image and puts a pre-fix on the file name. It will do all the files selected as a batch. The size you set for each batch is the width in pixels.

Peace

Sounds similar. The right click functionality is what I like. Small footprint and no additional program to open. Setup the default one time and you don't even get an options window. The program just resize according to your right click selection. Doesn't get easier than that.

View PostMicrosoft removed it with Vista which doesn't make much sense. The easiest method to resize the images is by installing the following program:

Prish Image Resizer

Bro, thanks so much for posting this!!!

I just looked a few weeks ago in the MS power toys, and was so disappointed it wasn't available for Vista, much less 64. If I hadn't run across this, I'd have probably not looked again..... And your so right, about it being top shelf. Even though I'm quite proficient using another image program, this can have it done before another program even loads biggrin.gificon14.gif

View Post The easiest method to resize the images is by installing the following program:

Prish Image Resizer

Charlie,

Is the program you describe a microsoft product or a free down loadable? I'm using VSO Image Resizer which sounds similar to what you describe. A guy I work with loaded it on my machine - its freeware and it works very similar to how you describe prish image resizer.