Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LogCabins

Suffolk Outer Beach change for 2009

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Well I thought I would give you guys a little heads up on a change.

I went to Smith Point recently to pick up my Outer Beach pass. They told me that I don't need a night fishing pass anymore. I was a little confused and contacted some guys that told me that all prior years you still needed the night fishing pass to put on your dash for night fishing. So I called the administrative office today and asked them about it. They said for 2009 they did away with the Night fishing permit for people who purchased the Outer Beach pass. They used to issue it free with the purchase but this year they decided it is not needed. So aparently you do not need to display any night fishing pass on your dashboard as long as you have the outer beach sticker.

beers.gif

View PostWell I thought I would give you guys a little heads up on a change.

I went to Smith Point recently to pick up my Outer Beach pass. They told me that I don't need a night fishing pass anymore. I was a little confused and contacted some guys that told me that all prior years you still needed the night fishing pass to put on your dash for night fishing. So I called the administrative office today and asked them about it. They said for 2009 they did away with the Night fishing permit for people who purchased the Outer Beach pass. They used to issue it free with the purchase but this year they decided it is not needed. So aparently you do not need to display any night fishing pass on your dashboard as long as you have the outer beach sticker.

beers.gif

I went through that last year when I moved out there in June, club members of mine received the night permit WITH the purchase of the outer beach, but by the time I bought mine, they did away with the extra permit....They told me all constables were aware that the outer beach sticker is all that is needed anymore from then on out..

View Postall is well

Bc

From the way the lady made it sound is that the 4x4 outer beach sticker covers all the night fishing permit stuff. So the rangers know that the sticker covers it as well so you can park anywhere that would allow night fishing with just the sticker. But I can't say for sure thats just what the lady in the office said today.

^ exactly.

The sticker is same for whatever access the permit allowed, they just did away with printing more paper products, so Outer Beach sticker this year = Outer beach sticker & fishing permit from last year..

FYI... I went to Smiths Point Last week to get a Night Permit and the woman there said that they dont have them yet. She said that they got everything else but for some reason, they never received the Night Permits.