Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fishpunter

Question: Visiting Cape May April 24th

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I'll be down in Cape May April 24th-26th and I was just wondering how the fishing typically is that time of year in far South Jersey? I'm figuring perhaps some fish will be showing up earlier there than my hometown area of Avon-to-The Hook?

I'll do some spot hunting on my own and all, but any good recommended B&T's?

Ant

by that time the fishing should be starting to get real good, the stripers will be in and the weakies & blues will be showing in the surf and around the jettys, north end of CM for surf and the jettys at CMP, just make sure you have korkers for the jetty. I will be there often all thru Apr & May as far as bait & tackle Jims & Hands 2 are right over the bridge in CM both are very goodclapping.gifclapping.gif

i am thinking of heading donw there in mid may and have eben wondering the same. i used to go to the classic car show in wildwood every year and would always check out the beach, hardly ever saw guys fishing. now stone harbor on the otherhand....

Jim and Hands are always worth going too. There is also a new tackle and bait shop heading towards the Lighthouse. I believe it is called Cape May Bait and Tackle. Get some clam and fish the front.

View Postnite bite?

why not? I always fish till dusk or a little later depending on the tides and then I get coffee & something to eat and work my way home hitting the bridges in the back along the waycwm40.gifclapping.gif can't waitdrool.gif

Sounds good my friends... Now I'll actually look forward to the trip! The moms is going there for a Rotary convention and wanted me to tag along so she wasn't going alone. Already let her know not to expect me around from 7pm-1am biggrin.gif

Only hard part will be suffering through the daytime hours going shopping and sight-seeing LOL... Anything good I should try and fit in that a 27yr old would enjoy?

Ant