Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Firinne

Low down on Dawkins being let go by the Eagles.

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

Was listening to Hugh Douglas this morning and he was telling the fans what happened to cause Dawkins to leave the Eagles and sign with the Broncos. Apparanetly Joe Banner called Dawkins to discuss the possibility of the Eagles resigning him and started out by telling Dawkins all the things he could no longer do on the field. Sounded like he dressed him down pretty good and then went on to offer him 1 year and 2 million dollars.

Douglas said Dawkins wasn't only angry at Banner but sincerly hurt at the approach he took in trying to sign him.

Dawkins at this point knew he wasn't wanted by the Eagles any longer and headed to Denver where the ownership praised him for his play and leadership and welcomed him there with open arms.

The deal Dawkins got was 5 years and for 19 million with 7.2 million guaranteed up front. It basically is only a 2 year contract wrapped up as a 5 year deal.

Douglas went on to say that the Eagles will spin this to look like Dawkins was greedy and it wasn't their fault Dawkins left. Douglas wanted the fans to know for a fact that Dawkins wasn't greedy but upset with the ass riping from Banner and then the 1 year 2 million offer. In fact the last 3 years of Dawkins salary by the Eagles totaled 7.2 million and now he was being paid that much by Denver this year!

The Eagles are getting bombared with complaints for letting Dawkins go that Joe Banner will appear on Howard Eskins show tomorrow at 3 PM. Eskin is notorious for ass kissing the Eagles ownership and this is where the spin will begin.

Personally all I have to say is good for Brian on standing his ground anf I'm glad Douglas leaked this story. One fan called today to state "he couldn't believe Dawkins wasn't an Eagle but Greg Lewis still was."

The Eagles are $30 million under the cap and have decided to raise ticket prices. Not only that they want it all up front before the first pre-season game starts. 30 mil in their pocket and raise the tix price to boot!

View Post

The Eagles are $30 million under the cap and have decided to raise ticket prices. Not only that they want it all up front before the first pre-season game starts. 30 mil in their pocket and raise the tix price to boot!

IT's their way of saying thanks. Now you see why I make fun of "fans"?

View PostIT's their way of saying thanks. Now you see why I make fun of "fans"?

not really.......I thought it was to just be a jerk..........

Bob comeon, are you shocked by all this? Im not....this makes it clear, they are ok winning a bunch of games but they wont make the move again to win it all.....they tried once, it dindt work, so they are now the miami dolphinis, content to win 10 games and be "close"

View PostWas listening to Hugh Douglas this morning and he was telling the fans what happened to cause Dawkins to leave the Eagles and sign with the Broncos. Apparanetly Joe Banner called Dawkins to discuss the possibility of the Eagles resigning him and started out by telling Dawkins all the things he could no longer do on the field. Sounded like he dressed him down pretty good and then went on to offer him 1 year and 2 million dollars.

Douglas said Dawkins wasn't only angry at Banner but sincerly hurt at the approach he took in trying to sign him.

Dawkins at this point knew he wasn't wanted by the Eagles any longer and headed to Denver where the ownership praised him for his play and leadership and welcomed him there with open arms.

The deal Dawkins got was 5 years and for 19 million with 7.2 million guaranteed up front. It basically is only a 2 year contract wrapped up as a 5 year deal.

Douglas went on to say that the Eagles will spin this to look like Dawkins was greedy and it wasn't their fault Dawkins left. Douglas wanted the fans to know for a fact that Dawkins wasn't greedy but upset with the ass riping from Banner and then the 1 year 2 million offer. In fact the last 3 years of Dawkins salary by the Eagles totaled 7.2 million and now he was being paid that much by Denver this year!

The Eagles are getting bombared with complaints for letting Dawkins go that Joe Banner will appear on Howard Eskins show tomorrow at 3 PM. Eskin is notorious for ass kissing the Eagles ownership and this is where the spin will begin.

Personally all I have to say is good for Brian on standing his ground anf I'm glad Douglas leaked this story. One fan called today to state "he couldn't believe Dawkins wasn't an Eagle but Greg Lewis still was."

pretty ironic, ain't it? And I think they are 40 mil under the cap.

From Peter King:

Want to know why seven-time Pro Bowl defender Brian Dawkins was so eager to leave Philly? It had something to do with being wanted, which, in today's football, is all about the Benjamins.

Money Dawkins earned in the last three seasons in Philadelphia: $7.2 million.

Money Dawkins will earn in Denver in 2009: $7.2 million.

It was pretty clear the Eagles didn't want Dawkins around with an offer like that. Still, Like it has been mentioned before the Eagles management has been right when it comes to letting vets walk away....

I've enjoyed Dawk as an Eagle but at some point you realize these guys won't play for your team forever....

Spaniard, I hear you but how to we justify bring in Shawn Taylor to replace Dawkins? He's what, 1 year younger and no where nearly as talanted!

I don't think you'll be bringing in Sean Taylor, he's dead.

As for Dawkins, it's all about the money, good for him. As for the Iggles, its business, they got 7 of the best years Dawkins could ever provide for what its gonna cost Denver for 1 year, thats just good business sense. As for loyalties, no such thing on either side, its all about the $$$$.

View PostI don't think you'll be bringing in Sean Taylor, he's dead.

As for Dawkins, it's all about the money, good for him. As for the Iggles, its business, they got 7 of the best years Dawkins could ever provide for what its gonna cost Denver for 1 year, thats just good business sense. As for loyalties, no such thing on either side, its all about the $$$$.

View Postclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif good job outta you

Ummm--I'm pretty sure he meant Shawn Springs. redface.gif