Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MagicShad

LI clubs and Honesty

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

Hi all that are in Li clubs, This post is not to start anything with anybody. I just want to hear some opinion's from LI club guys that work hard every year to put up points and turn in slips for there clubs. It amazes me that one individual can turn in more points then half the clubs in one season with an average of 20lbs bass and 12lbs bluefish for 70 slips. Does this make you wonder if there is Honesty throughout the surf fishing community or not.

Individual standings bass blues weak total

1............................ 1,453. 882... 0 .....2,335

Club Standings total

1.......................... 2,731

2.......................... 2,504

3.......................... 2,478

4.......................... 2,274

5.......................... 1,931

6.......................... 1,703

7.......................... 1,693

8.......................... 1,532

9.......................... 1,500

10........................ 1,492

11........................ 1,483

12........................ 1,375

13........................ 1,287

14........................ 1,069

15........................ 912

16........................ 290

Do you think Honesty is still in the Surf fishing community ?

some are honest

some are not

this is true in fishing and in life.

yes, one person can put up those numbers naturally. some can not but will say they did

it is what it is

my club has a few inactive members

1 even lives in FLA

but pays his dues every year cuz he loves his club

others work 2 jobs and care about there wifes feelings

some are older members who dont night fish so on top of no night fishing they work and that leaves the weekends only

theres a million reasons why its so off

there are nuts like me who count every fish like an anal retentive bastard

then there are a bunch of guys i know that dont even count there fish at all

and others who have to big an ego to count a small fish

so please when someone tells you they caught 5000lbs of fish during the season dont think he is lien cuz it is possible very possible

Since you listed the point total of 2,335 it easy to see your talking about JJ.

When you take into account he is out throwing bait EVERY SINGLE DAY between april 1st and dec 1st.(as well as the rest of the year) Yes it is possible.

My answer is that the interclub contest is has been run without reproach since its inception and I've little question regarding its participant's integrity and find that the participating clubs are self policing.

That being said... if a participant feel that it is necessary to obtain whatever benefit he imagines through any means other than complete honesty then it would be hard to stop. This person who receives these ill gained honors can be reminded each time he looks at that award or trophy that it was gained through deceipt and deception. I couldn't!

Hooky wink.gif

The other factor that you need to consider is how many people in the club are entering qualifying fish. Each club can only enter their top 20 fish. If many people in the club are entering qualifying fish the likelihood that one of your fish will count is lowered. If only one or two members are entering fish the odds of your fish counting improve...

Maybe the better question is "What is this guy doing (besides fishing every day) that has him catch all of these large fish?" Are there any lessons to be learned?

Regarding the competition and honesty it all comes down to having to look at yourself in the mirror. You would be surprised how many times that striper or bluefish falls just short of qualifying...the sport is challenging enough without throwing some bad karma into the picture.

JOMO.

RS

View PostSince you listed the point total of 2,335 it easy to see your talking about JJ.

When you take into account he is out throwing bait EVERY SINGLE DAY between april 1st and dec 1st.(as well as the rest of the year) Yes it is possible.

I have never meet an angler who put in more time on the beach in any season than JJ. Besides, most of his fish slips have a tackle store stamp on them.

View PostThat would be 30 fish a month..wink.gif

10 Bass

10 Blues

10 Weakfish

from april 1st to last day of nov

Very possible.

I have had seasons where I caught hundreds of bass over 20 and well over 1,000 bluefish over 10 lbs.

Not any more, but we used to.

Mind you, I live on the beach, so I was on the water all season, every day for the most part. We do not see the runs of big fish that we used to have, but at least there are still some fish to catch.smile.gif

There's little question as to who your trying to call out by posting the points and standings, so why not just say it?

Nobody spends more time on the beach than he does, and he's not your average, casual, fair weather, "computer chair" fisherman. Ask him about the fish he catches, he'll show you the pictures (although probably not since your calling him out by hiding behind some internet hero moniker). He's a friend of mine and I have no doubt as to his knowledge, desire and his ability to catch fish on a consistent basis. He fishes with an intensity that most can't seem to believe or begin to understand, and I haven't met many people that have as deep a love of the sport that he does.

You can't really call someone out who does it year in and year out and has the PROOF to back it up.

View Post

Individual standings bass blues weak total

1............................ 1,453. 882... 0 .....2,335

Do you think Honesty is still in the Surf fishing community ?

tough year on the weakfish

View PostThere's little question as to who your trying to call out by posting the points and standings, so why not just say it?

Nobody spends more time on the beach than he does, and he's not your average, casual, fair weather, "computer chair" fisherman. Ask him about the fish he catches, he'll show you the pictures (although probably not since your calling him out by hiding behind some internet hero moniker). He's a friend of mine and I have no doubt as to his knowledge, desire and his ability to catch fish on a consistent basis. He fishes with an intensity that most can't seem to believe or begin to understand, and I haven't met many people that have as deep a love of the sport that he does.

You can't really call someone out who does it year in and year out and has the PROOF to back it up.

I back up everything Matty Fish and Z have said in there posts regarding this thread. JJ is not a salesman like most of "your" fishing heros.... He's a surf fishing legend with proof bedhind every fish he catches.

Listen I'm not calling anyone out. Like i said i am not trying to start with anyone i was simply ask one question, Do you think Honesty is still in the surf fishing community?

And someone said most of his fish are stamp at a tackle shop if I look at his slips from just November(because I can not go back further) all his slips are from his Beach Scale with No Witness.

JJ and I are acquaintances, we run into each other all the time.. Although, we are not close by any means, I respect the fact that he is DEFINATELY on the beach EVERYDAY.. I dont agree with some of the stuff he does, but as far as I know, he does everything legally, at least to my knowledge.

can he put op good numbers? yes.. for sure.. the thing to remember is besides the fact the he does catch a lot of fish, hes also in a club where very few other fisherman are putting points in for the tournament for whatever reason, and thus his numbers are magnified. there are plenty of guys who are in clubs currently that if they were in a club that didnt put points in each month, that would challenge JJ for the overall lead. I know in my club, there are 2-3 guys that if we didnt battle each other within the club to get points in, they would be right up at the top of the tournament as well.. I bet Z and his club and a few other clubs would have the same situation.

Bc

I bump into JJ from once in a while-- that dude puts in ALOT of time.

He's in the spot before I get there and usually well after.

much time equals many fish. I believe those numbers. He's got the knack for big bluefish down cold.

NS1