Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sparky

Un-American? You decide.

Rate this topic

76 posts in this topic

Before the "liberal" profanities start flying, please let me state for the record that I am a registered R-E-P-U-B-L-I-C-A-N.

However, I am having a real hard time stomaching the actions of a few staunch repubs who wish to see our new president fail. In my eyes this is borderline unpatriotic. I can't help but think that you would rather see this nation flounder, and possibly fail just to prove your point or satisfy your blood lust for this guy.

Why was it ok to expect everyone to stand behind GW and the war in Iraq, even if they didn't support it? And to not support this administration, regardless of our political leanings? Why is only ok to be a patriot under a repub administration?

I'm not going to split hairs about the bailout plan. The lord knows that has been beaten to death already in here. It's been railroaded through and we're stuck with it. We've got a real mess on our hands. It doesn't matter who started it or how. To me the much more important thing is pulling ourselves out of it. Never in our lifetime have we needed to join together, roll up our sleeves and start digging our way out of this together. I'm a big believer in envisioning your future and working towards it. Believing we will fail may just lead to that failure. But believing we can overcome could very well push us in that direction. Look what the greatest generation lived through. They rallied around the flag and beat seemingly unsurmountable odds. I'm afraid we pale in comparison to them. We're a bunch of babies who cry when we don't get our way. We should be ashamed of our behavior in this dark hour. This is not the time for back biting and posturing. That is the cowardly thing to do. It's much easier to piss and moan than it is to suck it up and try to lend a helping hand. It all seems pretty selfish and petty to me. Perhaps even un-American.

So, take a breath and ask yourself, what are you going to do in the next 4 years to make this country a better place for our children? Will wishing for failure and collapse really put us where we need to be?

This should piss a few people off. But maybe one will look in the mirror and question their motives. mad.gifmad.gif

View PostBefore the "liberal" profanities start flying, please let me state for the record that I am a registered R-E-P-U-B-L-I-C-A-N.

However, I am having a real hard time stomaching the actions of a few staunch repubs who wish to see our new president fail.

1. this admission just got ya booted from my buddy list.

2. more seriously, I agree. I will accept those who have issue with Obama's plan... But as Sudsy pointed out, it seemed some people had a reaction to his programs before we had time to ferret out what the plans were, and what their implications were. So they seemed to be little more than partisan talking points.... and even THAT I can accept.

I have been reading about a Revolution, and Obama not finishing out his term.... and that I cannot abide by. It's simply beyond the pale... and dangerous.

Actions?

Write to the Office of the Governor to request that "stimulus" funds that will amount to an unfunded mandate be refused.

Write to my State Representative & Senator encouraging them to vote for, and support a resolution of sovereignty.

Write to my Congressional Representative and Senators to encourage them to stand against this attempt to re-create our country in the image of european cradle to grave society.

Repeat.

Jeff B.

"Respectfully disagreeing and presenting alternatives is honorable indeed."

I don't think you'll find many people at all who have a problem with people disagreeing and presenting alternatives. I think some people realize that presenting alternatives, even though some may be good ideas have little chance of going anywhere and that's when they turn to spewing things like I hope the whole system fails.

So again, I know I don't have a problem with someone disagreeing or presenting alternatives and in return I expect that if I disagree with those alternatives that I too should be shown the same respect......Not being called a liberal wussy man, etc....and that the system should fail because I don't agree with them....

John

exactly. I mean, I'm on the same team, but it's unsportsman-like conduct. Definitely 15 yards, maybe loss of down. no class. srsly.

View PostBefore the "liberal" profanities start flying, please let me state for the record that I am a registered R-E-P-U-B-L-I-C-A-N.

However, I am having a real hard time stomaching the actions of a few staunch repubs who wish to see our new president fail. In my eyes this is borderline unpatriotic. I can't help but think that you would rather see this nation flounder, and possibly fail just to prove your point or satisfy your blood lust for this guy.

Why was it ok to expect everyone to stand behind GW and the war in Iraq, even if they didn't support it? And to not support this administration, regardless of our political leanings? Why is only ok to be a patriot under a repub administration?

I'm not going to split hairs about the bailout plan. The lord knows that has been beaten to death already in here. It's been railroaded through and we're stuck with it. We've got a real mess on our hands. It doesn't matter who started it or how. To me the much more important thing is pulling ourselves out of it. Never in our lifetime have we needed to join together, roll up our sleeves and start digging our way out of this together. I'm a big believer in envisioning your future and working towards it. Believing we will fail may just lead to that failure. But believing we can overcome could very well push us in that direction. Look what the greatest generation lived through. They rallied around the flag and beat seemingly unsurmountable odds. I'm afraid we pale in comparison to them. We're a bunch of babies who cry when we don't get our way. We should be ashamed of our behavior in this dark hour. This is not the time for back biting and posturing. That is the cowardly thing to do. It's much easier to piss and moan than it is to suck it up and try to lend a helping hand. It all seems pretty selfish and petty to me. Perhaps even un-American.

So, take a breath and ask yourself, what are you going to do in the next 4 years to make this country a better place for our children? Will wishing for failure and collapse really put us where we need to be?

This should piss a few people off. But maybe one will look in the mirror and question their motives. mad.gifmad.gif

Work, pay my bills and enjoy myself and my family as much as possible.

I think this topic has been tossed around a lot lately on tv and the radio. To me, it seams as though most republicans that say they want BO to fail are just saying they do not like the way the government is headed under his leadership and I can understand that whether I agree with it or not. I think most Republicans would agree that if BO's stimulus package worked some miracle they would be happy about it. I think they generally would want to have his stimulus package plan work even if they think it will not.

To me, there are too many different opinions out there as to what the right way out of this mess is. I hope BO's plan works even though i doubt it will.

Why is it an issue all of a sudden...Republicans wishing a Democratic President will fail???

The dems LOVED it every time Bush did something wrong....they really got excited when the body count in Iraq rose. They wanted nothing more than to lose the War in Iraq. Everything that went wrong in 8 years was HIS fault....and the LIBS loved it!!! I think I saw a few hippie libs dancing in the street during Hurricane Katrina actually.

I'm reading more and more of these quotes lately,

kinda scares me.

Hang on to you guns and pass the ammo --- we're in for an uprising.

It will probably keep sliding for about another 3 years and 10 months, or until the New Revolution takes hold.

View PostWhy is it an issue all of a sudden...Republicans wishing a Democratic President will fail???

The dems LOVED it every time Bush did something wrong....they really got excited when the body count in Iraq rose. They wanted nothing more than to lose the War in Iraq. Everything that went wrong in 8 years was HIS fault....and the LIBS loved it!!! I think I saw a few hippie libs dancing in the street during Hurricane Katrina actually.

That was a small vocal minority who were out of line. Much the same as my fellow Repubs that I am calling out now. Shame on both groups. beatin.gif

View PostI'm reading more and more of these quotes lately,

kinda scares me.

I was unaware there is a militia movement in CT.

View PostI'm reading more and more of these quotes lately,

kinda scares me.

Go to Wally-Mart and get yourself a Daisy Red Ryder. You'll be good to go. cwm27.gif

View PostGo to Wally-Mart and get yourself a Daisy Red Ryder. You'll be good to go. cwm27.gif

I can't buy one in the People's Republic of New Jersey. mad.gif

I'm a bitter non-gun owner.