DOW: How low will it go?

Rate this topic

J

View Postso there WAS no **** bubble.....

there is a fundamental difference between the value of a share of stock, and the value of a collectible beenie baby.....

while the PRICE of a share of stock is determined by investors,

the VALUE is not.

Please provide me with your defintion of fair market value (without googling it)

View Postplease kiss my ass... why do you people think I am at your beckon call to jump thru hoops.

if you don't know the difference between price and value, it's not worth my time having a discussion.

and **** is on auto censor?!!?headscratch.gif

Sounds like you have the criteria to fill a economic cabinent level position in the new administration. Kinda funny I post some substantive factual comments and you respond with kiss my azz. Typical kool-aid follower.

View Postthat's a theory......

price often is NOT tied to value at all.

Very true, soon price will be tied to whatever the gov't says you can charge for it. frown.gif Gotta go--they are posting the listing of when I can stand in line for my toilet paper and cheese.

View Post. Kinda funny I post some substantive factual comments and you respond with kiss my azz. Typical kool-aid follower.

headscratch.gif

no,

contrary to this revisionist history,

my ass kissing request was a response to your demand I jump thru hoops attached with the insult that I would need to google an answer,

I appreciate any substantive factual comment you might have made.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

View Postheadscratch.gif

no,

contrary to this revisionist history,

my ass kissing request was a response to your demand I jump thru hoops attached with the insult that I would need to google an answer,

I appreciate any substantive factual comment you might have made.

Sorry, my apologies. I do disagree with you about your price/value analysis though and I have lost all objectivity for the new administration.

View PostSorry, my apologies. I do disagree with you about your price/value analysis though .

really?

sorry, there is a difference between value and price.

value is something you can calculate, and use to determine if you overpaid.

it's why we know there was a .com bubble.

stock prices for these companies far exceeded their value.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

View PostHelp me understand this.

Are you saying Enron was worth what people paid for it's stock?

That any company's value is de-facto what an investor will pay for a share?

That's right - at that time, based on the available info. and how a person see the future value of the stock, its future profitablity, the world economy, etc., etc, thats what the worth is.

View Postdepends on what you perceive the value to be.....some think a Habs needlefish is worth 50$ some think its 20$.

hence my comment about collectible beenie babies.

some things are worth EXACTLY as much as someone is willing to pay you for it.

But with a stock you can look at the companies balance sheet, and outstanding shares of stock and other variables, and derive an intrinsic value to the stock, which approximates the true worth.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

View Posthence my comment about collectible beenie babies.

some things are worth EXACTLY as much as someone is willing to pay you for it.

But with a stock you can look at the companies balance sheet, and outstanding shares of stock and other variables, and derive an intrinsic value to the stock, which approximates the true worth.

So getting in on an IPO before it goes to market would be an example of VALUE, and purchasing a share after it was listed on an exchage would be your example of PRICE?