Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
J

DOW: How low will it go?

Rate this topic

141 posts in this topic

View PostClosed at 6763 yesterday.

Is 4500 that far away???

Fellow who writes about money matters was on CBS overnight news; he said we may see DJIA @ 5000.

View PostClosed at 6763 yesterday.

Is 4500 that far away???

It will probably keep sliding for about another 3 years and 10 months, or until the New Revolution takes hold. OR, until the government has killed off private business, and then it won't matter what the Dow is, because it will be gone.

Someone needs to give you PG access again.

Your incessant whining about Obama is old, tiresome and unwanted.

Please stay on topic and don't hijack my threads with your political crap.

I didn't ask for your reasoning why it was dropping or what you thought was the cause. Just speculation on n where the bottom is.

I'm guess 4400.

View PostSomeone needs to give you PG access again.

Your incessant whining about Obama is old, tiresome and unwanted.

Please stay on topic and don't hijack my threads with your political crap.

I didn't ask for your reasoning why it was dropping or what you thought was the cause. Just speculation on n where the bottom is.

I'm guess 4400.

I didn't say anything about 0bama, or any party, for that matter, only a reference to "government". My post IS on topic, it's not a hijack, just because you don't get the big picture. If you want to predict something, you need to see the cause. Sorry you don't understand it, but that''s not my fault.

Your prediction is scary, and i hope it is the worst case scenario, but I'm not too sure given a look at what happened yesterday alone. There will definitely be more bleeding before it's over.

For the record, BJ does have PG forum access again, and the moderators' tolerance for political comments in Tavern threads will be adjusted downwards.

I personally found his comments here borderline, but not over the line. If another Moderator or Administrator feels otherwise, they are free to move it.

View PostFor the record, BJ does have PG forum access again, and the moderators' tolerance for political comments in Tavern threads will be adjusted downwards.

I personally found his comments here borderline, but not over the line. If another Moderator or Administrator feels otherwise, they are free to move it.

View PostIt will probably keep sliding for about another 3 years and 10 months, or until the New Revolution takes hold. OR, until the government has killed off private business, and then it won't matter what the Dow is, because it will be gone.

I find the point of view both enlightening and refreshing, brings back fond memories of 1000 points of light......ahhhhh, the good ole days.

I predicted 4500-5000 months ago.

I bailed on a lot when we were at ~8000 and the broker had the gall to say I was selling low.......pffffttt I sold then so that I can buy when we get to the all-time low.

It's a reactionary mix of lack of consumer confidence and the media frenzy....Now the media is accusing Americans of saving too much....well what did you expect? .....media cries the sky is falling and we listen.....I say flush the toilet.....come on 5000!

My concern is any type of terrorist attempt/attack either here or abroad could upset a a very now fragile market plummeting even further, so I hope our National Security people have their eyes and ears on....

JS

I personally think the Stock Market should reflect the value of a company,

and not be overly inflated due to investors COUNTING on the value to be driven by further investment and NOT tied to the value of the company. The stock markets rise at a time when the fundamentals of our economy were eroding was proof to me that it was GROSSLY over valued. We don't even discuss the stock market in terms of the value of the shares of the company you are investing in...... It's become a Las Vegas crap game.