Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wet Head

How Come Most Fisherman are Over Weight

Rate this topic

102 posts in this topic

View PostLooking at all the photos from shows and flings I see some very over weight sportsman. Maybe we should have a diet fourm.

I dont believe that fishing and obesity have anything in common. I am over weight, but I love food because it tastes good. Not because I fish...cwm12.gifcwm12.gifcwm12.gif

The bigger and fatter the better. One does not see big beer guts on the rip at 2am normally speaking.wink.gif The only one I ever seen is attatched to a pretty good angler.

And statistically speaking, as a demographic, obese white males are a staggeringly large part of our general population, leaving aside fishing.

But I do think eating on the road at night when everything halfway decent is closed, bad sleep habits, and getting rip roaringly hungry when outside, makes us all want to eat total crap, quick, and alot of it.

That leads to donuts, and Mc'ds, and red bulls.

Its not easy. Maybe the recession will help.

Shipwreck is right! However, if you have a heart attack like I did last summer (no doubt at least in part from the habits he describes) you will begin to take a hard look in the mirror....

Its all in the height to weight ratio. Most fishermen are simply just to short for their weight. You see what Im saying, just add 3 inches to the fishermans height and hes the perfect weight. Now unlike dieting theres nothing we can do about our height. maybe this is a problem best left for evolution.

Although I am not the "petite flower" of years past, I much prefer "husky" or "big boned". It is actually a strategic plan to keep me warm and to make my wading belt big enough to hold all my stuff.biggrin.gif

View PostLooking at all the photos from shows and flings I see some very over weight sportsman. Maybe we should have a diet fourm.

Wethead,

Ouch! I was just at my nephew's party and that's exactly what he said to me. "Uncle Al you are FAT!" redface.gif Fortunately, kids are so brutally honest and they always speak their mind. And what is your excuse? biggrin.gif

"Crazy" Alberto

Nonstopfisher@optonline.net

View Postwe surf folks are a bit "robustly rotund" I wouldn't use the word over weight if I were yousmile.gif

Heh AJ,

How old is this photo. You are looking good matey. On a more serious note obesity is getting to me more common in the west. We are as usual starting to follow the USA trend and obesity amongs our young kids will soon translate into fat Adults as they age. It is a very real concern. Individauls seem to be blind to their own fatness until they get the warning shots of type 2 Diabetes or a survivable heart attack, or their wives leave them for a nicer looking model. You can call me a sad git but I care not as I keep reasonably slim and fit in order that I can fish in the surf in the way I enjoy. I want to be able to do this sport until I am well into my seventies and longer if possible. You don't see many fat Fishers on the point over 60 years old.

Mike