BassinJ

Understanding a Choopy Needlefish

Rate this topic

45 posts in this topic

And the new one?? I picked it up thinking it was a 5/8 and while I'm looking for other things I needed I noticed that it did not feel right. I look at it and -- what is this?? A new needle from Choopy?? A little chunky one? I guess I'm going to have to figure out that one on my own cwm12.gif

View PostBassinj......where do I find the video you refer to...thanks

Go to the "online store" on this website, and find the choopy needles, when you click on them it'll show you a mini vid playin in the corner of the needles swimming on the top.

View PostIf you yank the middle hook off the 2oz one, does it still swim?

It should but I have never tried. I had some prototypes with one belly hook that was a 3/0, but its placement was a bit different.

View PostDoes that "Eel" color work for you both in day and at night? I can see the pic of the bass with the schoolbus pattern choopy was caught at night, but the other two pics are hard to tell.

My pic was at night also. I tend to go against the grain and reel them a little faster then most do. Straight no twitches.

I find the 5/8 in olive/eel has become a real go to lure for me.I don't leave home with out it.The new chunky choopy is a nice option,we tested it last fall with some good results.But not like his new squiddrool.gif,can't wait to test that one

View PostI find the 5/8 in olive/eel has become a real go to lure for me.I don't leave home with out it.The new chunky choopy is a nice option,we tested it last fall with some good results.But not like his new squiddrool.gif,can't wait to test that one

That's nice. I should have picked up one of those for my trips north this year.

View Post^^^ can't wait to see that in action, could have used that the one day when the squids were washing in

I was thinking the same thing,Memorial day and the blues and bass where hurling up tons of squid.Not sooo far away now

View PostWere is this chunky needle at headscratch.gif I haven't seen one yet.

I believe Charlie had some heavier needles that he was selling only at the shows - hit his booth in Asbury this weekend.

I think they were the "chunky needle" cwm15.gif

I'm sure they will produce ... just like the rest of his plugs