Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Surf Hunter

Spot Burning

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

All-

Seems the forum is growing and that my friends is a good thing, i figured now would be a good time to remind everyone (especially before the season starts) that Stripersonline has a very specific no spot burning policy.

Details can be found here:

http://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...d.php?t=589967

Hope everyone hooks up big time this year!

Tom

View PostHate to disagree with ya but Tim said we could decide all by ourselves what the Spot policy would be. tongue.giftongue.gif

And didn't we? Or are ya just bustin my twig? cwm27.gif

View PostLoose lips ruin fishing trips. Spot burning is a sure way to never get invited to go fishing. All the bass are in Montauk anyways. HappyWave.gif

I agree with Mike. I like SOL as it has this rule to avoid publically posting site specific details to avoid the hoards of bait fisherman that will over fish a spot to death because someone posts the fishing was good there. I think say piers would be excluded as people already post information about specific piers all the time but for the shore line and all other areas that are not public piers I think it is great to not allow people to post the details of where the fish was caught. I post pics but always a close up of the fish so that people do not know exactly where I am talking about.

IMO a spot is a spot whether it's a pier or shoreline. If I say they are getting easy buckets of sanddabs at said pier then I just burned the spot for all the folks down there.

View PostIMO a spot is a spot whether it's a pier or shoreline. If I say they are getting easy buckets of sanddabs at said pier then I just burned the spot for all the folks down there.

i agree, have you ever visited a pier during the winter time a couple days after someone posts they caught a sturgeon? Brutal man, brutal.

View PostIMO a spot is a spot whether it's a pier or shoreline. If I say they are getting easy buckets of sanddabs at said pier then I just burned the spot for all the folks down there.

I do not fish piers and I understand what you mean but the problem with a pier is that you have so many sites which have regulars post the catch reports, you have the bait shops doing the same for the piers and you even have the newspapers like the Examiner's fish report which post pier fishing information. It would be great if that was not the case but it is. I am glad we have a no spot burning policy.