Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Auce

Took advangate of the snow day - A few chunks to show for it.

18 posts in this topic

Landed 4, lost 2 that wrapped me in the beaver dam. The wind could cut right through you today but it was all worth it. All Bass between 3.5 - 6lbs. All nice fish. First fish is about a 3 and change, second one I thought went a good 5. All in all, beats being at work beers.gif

All caught on 4" Smallie Beaver, 1/4oz Bullet weight.

Nice!

I got 7 in about an hour yesterday before dark but they were the usual dinks I catch there. They were gobbling up a small crappie grub on a jig head.

Haha,

As far as I'm concerned, they are always biting. You just need to piece together the patterns. Today, the only ting that worked was fishing wood, it was the only structure they were holding too, not only that, it had to be wood near deeper water against the creek channel. The shallow flats riddled with great wood and structure didn't hold one fish! Just a little research, patience and putting those pieces of the puzzle together, you can always find the fish.

^^^ Now that's what I like about this site. Any dopp can post a hero picture, but, sharing how you put the puzzle together is what it's all about. It never ceases to amaze me how selective these fish can be !!! Thanks for the insight.

cwm15.gif

probably because the fish are making the transition from really deep water to shallows in order to stock up for the spawn

once again, great catch..I usually don't catch that big of fish in the spring or summer!