Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrianBM

Sorry for my absence

Rate this topic

55 posts in this topic

Satan took possession of my computer on 2/17 and Dell's technical support has been, ahhhh, erratic. A rant will be posted when I'm done fixing this @%#$^&@! machine. Can't print yet, can't find Office ..... anyway. Pardon my absence for a bit longer, I'm still trying to make drivers drive, and so on.

Mac can't run business applications nor support the enterprise nor support what I do (mission critical applications for business)....give me Windows or true Linux any day. If Mac ever become as popular as windows you'd see just as much problems from worms, viruses, spyware, etc. Windows is attacked because it is a much bigger target than Mac by far. Hackers won't bother with Mac yet. If it ever became as big, Mac would be besieged with problems as well. There's a reason no fortune 500 company will use Mac for mission critical apps - they use either Unix or Windows or Linux.

I got tired of windows years ago and went to a mac. No real problems since then. No more 'unresponsive programs', locking, etc. To put it mildly windows sucks.

actually i am conflicted--i have a PC desk top and MAC Laptop. I will be total MAC as soon as i can. MAC for photos, presentations, graphics etc is super but i do realize MAC ain't so good for some business applications--but the hands on service you can get at a MAC store is amazing.

View PostI got tired of windows years ago and went to a mac. No real problems since then. No more 'unresponsive programs', locking, etc. To put it mildly windows sucks.

PEBKAC.

And yeah the Mac store is great, you must buy memory from us at a huge markup or we won't even look at it. kooky.gif

The main people I know who use Mac are graphic designers, web designers, etc but all of them, who used to be die hard Mac fans, also bought Windows because as they admit it, Windows does things Mac does not. One of my best friends has used Mac for 20 years but he also has Vista running on his Mac as well and another XP box that is always running as well.

For all around use, there is far more software for Windows than Mac and if you patch regularly, you rarely have problems. Those who have problems typically don't have their systems patched regularly or keep up to date on their spyware and virus definitions etc. My entire family uses Windows and rarely have a problem with it - I do have problems but I overclock the cr*p out of my systems to run them on the edge for gaming. And the hardware and buy in cost is a lot less Mac.

View PostPEBKAC.

And yeah the Mac store is great, you must buy memory from us at a huge markup or we won't even look at it. kooky.gif

Completely true. I can build a state of the art Windows system that will run circles around the most expensive Mac for 1/3 the cost...

Apple Memory Module 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 (PC3-8500) - 2x2GB SO-DIMMs $300.00

Crucial

4GB kit (2GBx2), 204-pin SODIMM, DDR3 PC3-8500 memory module

CT2KIT25664BC1067

US $65.99

kooky.gif

View PostApple Memory Module 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 (PC3-8500) - 2x2GB SO-DIMMs $300.00

Crucial

4GB kit (2GBx2), 204-pin SODIMM, DDR3 PC3-8500 memory module

CT2KIT25664BC1067

US $65.99

kooky.gif

So, put the crucial in. The mac store doesn't have a problem with it. I upgraded the memory on mine a while back, wasn't an issue. Every one always says apple is good but doesn't run certain business apps. That may be a problem but for personal use I have never found something that I couldn't do with the apple.

View PostSatan took possession of my computer on 2/17 and Dell's technical support has been, ahhhh, erratic. A rant will be posted when I'm done fixing this @%#$^&@! machine. Can't print yet, can't find Office ..... anyway. Pardon my absence for a bit longer, I'm still trying to make drivers drive, and so on.

Were you gone?headscratch.gif

Spigwink.gif