Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roym

First Batch Pencils

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

First batch of through wired pencils I've made. They are between 2 - 2.5 oz and rear weighted so the butt digs in nicely (at least in the sink) I have a better appreciation for the skill required to complete the through wiring neatly but once again it was a totally enjoyable process. Any comments or criticisms would be appreciated. I have been a woodworker and fisherman for 30+ and 45+ years respectively but until this year have not been able to blend my two passions. Thanks for the guidance and info on this forum....the best!

View PostFirst batch of through wired pencils I've made. They are between 2 - 2.5 oz and rear weighted so the butt digs in nicely (at least in the sink) I have a better appreciation for the skill required to complete the through wiring neatly but once again it was a totally enjoyable process. Any comments or criticisms would be appreciated. I have been a woodworker and fisherman for 30+ and 45+ years respectively but until this year have not been able to blend my two passions. Thanks for the guidance and info on this forum....the best!

I like em.... and the color combination on the maroon/grey looks sharp!

Dave

Great work! I'm sure it's a big help having a woodworking background when you start plug building. I wish I had that luxury when I started. Makes the learning curve a lot shorter. smile.gif

The yellow (can't spell chartr????) and white is my favorite and I tried to flush mount the belly grommet by double drilling the belly hole one larger hole the diameter and thickness of the grommet material and a second through hole to accomodate the inside portion of the grommet and swivel