Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bill Klein

DelMarVa Fishin' Reports; March 2009

Rate this topic

166 posts in this topic

Here's the last of our usual trio of winter season fishin' reports in the monthly mode; back to the bi-weekly routines - and hopefully some nice fish - come April. March should be getting things off to a decent start in our zone but the month is startin' out with some seriously gnarly weather.

As always, this is the place for your reports... as little or as much detail as you care to share, with hopefully a good bit less focus posted on exact spots and locations. Any and all word from the local waters welcome here, and "no fish" reports are welcome as well; always good to have gotten out there at least, wasn't it? wink.gif

I'm waiting to see the first prediction for stripes at AI..

Seems to be a yearly ritual...Some time in March.

Anyone..Uncle Maybe..

Steve iffin you remember the doggies owned the beach last March. Your report kept me from going. Methinks they will be bad again this year till water warms.

"fished ai thurs afternoon and early evening

spiny doggies every cast

and then more spiny doggies every cast

did i say every cast... sheesh.

then the wind shifted and the current and weeds woke up

so i packed it in.

i can't believe that there wasn't a striper in the mix.

water is 49.

next time..."

So I am gonna say April 15th

dayum busted by an ohioanbiggrin.gif

it wasn't last year was it lol

as far as memory goes it was yesterday tho

still they are here by the end of march

found it 2007

Fished Sat 3/31 3pm to midnight

3 stripers 26, 36, 37

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif \\

beers.gifbeers.gifbeers.gifbeers.gifbeers.gif

Well, nothing happening on Saturday. Good to see some friends, the Ocean, and to get the gear up and functioning.

I'm going to go with no later than april 15th as well, being i'll be in Hatteras that weekend. I'll haul it down there, and there will be fish on AI, thats just how it goes for me most of the time.

The kids had a good day today at a little little local pond. 3 largemouth and 2 crappie in about 45min today lots of fun while dad was pulling out Phragmites during the whole time.

View Postdayum busted by an ohioanbiggrin.gif

it wasn't last year was it lol

as far as memory goes it was yesterday tho

still they are here by the end of march

found it 2007

Fished Sat 3/31 3pm to midnight

3 stripers 26, 36, 37

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif \\

beers.gifbeers.gifbeers.gifbeers.gifbeers.gif

Just keeping you in line Steve.

Hope you have some different plastic stripers this year. That tailgate one with the teguila bottle is getting old. At least switch it up with some Evan Williams or maybe a smaller fish. That 48in mold is worn out. lol

Still trying to find some ocean front out here but no luck. Guess I will just have to make the 11hr trip home.

Hope everyone is surviving out there. My 401k is now a 101k. There goes early retirement in Ocean Pines.

There goes Ocean Pines because we are all watching our lives savings turn into dust. I am retired early and it's no better looking at the economy from this end I assure you!

If I am going to have to subsistance fish and hunt it will not be near a DE beach .... I'm going where there are more fish available.

Had a nice day at the beach on Sat. No fish, but I got to field test a couple of new builds. It was nice to see Jeepcreep and meet Mrs. Jeepcreep!

View PostHad a nice day at the beach on Sat. No fish, but I got to field test a couple of new builds. It was nice to see Jeepcreep and meet Mrs. Jeepcreep!

What did you build, Koss? Cobia rods?

Ha ha! I built a mudhole 1502 with a "Red Drum" theme which I almost had to rebuild cause the "rust" colored thread was looking a bit orange. I just can't fish with a rod thats orange, black and white...wink.gif

I also built an oldschool 13' Honey Lami that did, in fact, lend itself to the Cobia theme biggrin.gif. I plan to fish this with a Squidder for a nice retro feel. Anyone ever mag a squidder? So far 2 magnets have not produced the desired effect.

By the way, I'd like to thank SteveZ for posting his 1502 specs awhile back. I started with these specs and the rod performed so well that I left it like that (though my handle is a bit longer).