Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
j0k3r

Blizzard of '09

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

Yah....we're looking at the possibility of 3 - 6" . Most of the locals here treat that like a death sentence, and with good reason. Hell, they can't drive worth a damn when the sun is shining. The run on milk and bread wiped the shelves clean yesterday. There's panic in the streets I tell ya.....panic in the streets.cwm31.gif

Yeah, a good old fashioned SNOW SCARE. cwm31.gif I used to work retail in a neighborhood full of transplanted city people who thought they moved to the sticks and would need to resort to cannibalism. Was a hoot to watch 'em fight over the milk, bread and eggs on those days. I don't miss that scene!

Bring it on, I got laptop and snowblower ready.

I've had over 7 feet total snowfall this winter so far in SW NH. And I am so tired of it even getting OT plowing roads. you guys can keep it but they are predicting 12 to 15" anyways frown.gif

View Postcalling for 8-14 from what im hearing on the weather raido.

That's the consensus, even from the ever conservative NWS. 3-6" guys are mostly western PA. Most of NJ and NYC 8-14" if not more.

yup, kinda crappy afternoon down here too beers.gifbeers.gif

81°F

Current: Clear

Wind: SW at 8 mph

Humidity: 62%

Sunthunderstorm.gif72°F | 52°F Monmostly_sunny.gif65°F | 50°F Tuesunny.gif67°F | 56°F Wedsunny.gif70°F | 63°F

View PostOMG....3"-6" of snow...lol....Aint nottin....12" or more might make it interesting...Push the button im locked in 4wd, off to work..>))>

Check your forecast area again. You're expected to have 9"-15" by the end of it Monday evening.

.. WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 4 PM EST MONDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 600 PM THIS EVENING UNTIL 400 PM ON MONDAY.

SNOW IS EXPECTED TO SPREAD UP INTO OUR REGION FROM THE SOUTH THIS EVENING. THE SNOW WILL CONTINUE THROUGH TONIGHT AND INTO MONDAY, AND IT WILL BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES.

BASED ON THE LATEST FORECAST TRACK OF THE STORM, IT APPEARS AS THOUGH 5 TO 9 INCHES OF SNOW WILL FALL IN THE PENNSYLVANIA COUNTIES OF BERKS, LEHIGH AND NORTHAMPTON, AND IN THE NEW JERSEY COUNTIES OF WARREN AND SUSSEX FROM TONIGHT INTO MONDAY. SNOWFALL TOTALS OF 4 TO 7 INCHES ARE EXPECTED FOR THE PENNSYLVANIA COUNTIES OF CARBON AND MONROE.

THE STEADY SNOW IS EXPECTED TO TAPER TO SNOW SHOWERS ON MONDAY AFTERNOON.

TRAVEL WILL BE DIFFICULT IN THE REGION FROM TONIGHT INTO MONDAY.

View Postyup, kinda crappy afternoon down here too beers.gifbeers.gif

81°F

Current: Clear

Wind: SW at 8 mph

Humidity: 62%

Sunthunderstorm.gif72°F | 52°F Monmostly_sunny.gif65°F | 50°F Tuesunny.gif67°F | 56°F Wedsunny.gif70°F | 63°F

I hope it snows like a mother****er up here the week I'm down there. cwm27.gif It can start the moment that plane takes off.