Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pharmacyguy

Sarasota/Siesta Key

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I would focus fishing in Sarasota Bay. Gulp Shrimp and Mirror Lure baits work well. My son and I have been catching spotted trout and pompano the past few times out.

Beach fishing this time of year is pretty slow.

Stop in a tackle shop called "All About Fishing "on Rt 41 and Bahia Vista in Sarasota and tell them Joe Lucas sent you their way. My brother in law Dave Walls works there part time....Don is the owner and his son works there as well. They can set you up with what you need and point you in the right direction.

Good luck.

Unfortunately the beaches will not be productive with the cold front now moving in and the cold (relatively) water. Look for some back areas of shallow mangroves for a shot at some reds or snook,but it won't be easy. Just enjoy being out of the NE/.smile.gifsmile.gif JP

View PostI would focus fishing in Sarasota Bay. Gulp Shrimp and Mirror Lure baits work well. My son and I have been catching spotted trout and pompano the past few times out.

Beach fishing this time of year is pretty slow.

Stop in a tackle shop called "All About Fishing "on Rt 41 and Bahia Vista in Sarasota and tell them Joe Lucas sent you their way. My brother in law Dave Walls works there part time....Don is the owner and his son works there as well. They can set you up with what you need and point you in the right direction.

Good luck.

Stopped by the store, the place was humming so I didn't really get a chance to chat. There was a ton of bait out front tonight Everything from transparent little bait no longer than my fingernail is wide to 4 inch silver,white shad shaped bait. Saw something take a run at the bait because small bait came spraying out of the water followed by large boils. I had so many gulls terns and pelicans flying in front of me I didn't dare make a cast.

Fishing has been hit or miss. I went wade fishing in the bay last Friday and caught one trout and one catfish. Very slow and I spoke with other guys that had the same luck.

However about a week before that a friend of mine caught 50+ trout in the same spot.....this time of year......who knows.

Good luck. Fish the bay....stop in at a tackle shop and get some info. As I mentioned All About Fishing is a great local place to get what you need both tackle wise and info wise.