Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jamesdart

lightest spinning guides?

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

what is the lightest guide? ive been told many times wire guides are. one shop that i really like to go to, he swears by simple cheap chrome plated stainless guides. hed always give me a hard time when i went in there wanting to put a set of fujis on an old rod. ive always had my doubts, really if they were so good why did they come out with so many different guides. i recently bought a set of the titanium plated stainless guides. i forget the actualy name but they are like black chrome. they do seem light. pricey for wire guides though. im sure there are a million different answers to the best guide all around.

Solid titanium guides are by far the lightest. Now when you compare a Fuji # 8size TNSG to a stainless NSG you might not see alot of weight difference. But all in all solid titanuims are the lightest. American Tackle has a line of Titans out or coming out that impressed me, solid Titanuim and with a ring lock type of system. They aren't made in a whole lot of styles at this point.

Forget the all wire guides if your looking to save money that's not where to do it IMO!!