I want to be Larry

Rate this topic

pharmacyguy

View PostI hate fishing shows, Dahlberg is the one exception. It sure beats watching some bloated jackazz throwing little fish in front of big fish. I hope Mark Sosin gets cancer.

WOW, now that's pretty sick.

Now I watched today's episode too and the molded lure he made was sweet. He's got some talent as a builder tooclapping.gif . Much better watching than many of the others.

Armand

"Fish are a gift from God, especially on they end of your line" -Armand Popper "Come Follow me and I will make you fishers of men" - Jesus Christ

View PostHey guys, watched a HFBF show last nite in Venezuela/Siriname. Larry was nailing Peacock Bass on a surface plug that walked the dog like nothin' i'd ever seen. The glide was sublime. He made reference to it as "Wide Glide, the only one in the world". I haven't searched it out yet, and noticed these post for Larry. Anyone got any info? Thanks

That plug was friggin huggge!!! And that 1 peacock bass was a huge one too...>))>

All I Need Is All 6 Numbers On 1 Ticket!!

Larry's show is awesome! His fishing trips all over the world are incredible. The show gives me a look at different fisheries that ill probably never be able to experience. The recent episode of lure building with plastic was very informative and well done. My only complaint is not enough episodes!!!!

I saw him fighting sails and or blue marlin on light tackle a few episodes ago and he lost his rod to the fish, then got it back to fight the fish the fish again. I am sure that if I lost my rod and reel then I would never see my rod and reel again.

Anyway this guy is good and goes for fish in remote places. I enjoy his show, but would like to see him fight these species with lighter weight tackle when possible to make it more interesting.

He was supposed be working to get Mr. Wiggly into production for sale.

I haven't seen one yet.

i think what i like most about Larry.... is he appeals to the average, every day fisherman like myself.... not a ego-filled pro who fluants his 1-2k setups and 70k + boat..... he rolls around in the native boats to where he is fishing... i watched an episode the other day and he was on his way to meet the guy "Grizz" for walleye fishing, and he was explaining how he was supposed to fly to some remote destination, but the tickets to get there were too pricey for him..... thats cool... and his past couple episodes on how to build the molds and make your own lures is inspiring..... rock on Larry....

"Fishing is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it...." - Harry Middleton