Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scrapper

Rule clarification please

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I posted a pic today of a new color on one of my plugs. It was posted in a thread not started by myself. I got a p.m. from Tim last month saying I could do it as long as it wasn't regularly or obviously spam. The post was deleted and the thread locked. SO, I can now assume that any comm. builder who doesn't sponsor this site isn't allowed to do so. Which is fine BUT, I can post on the builder thread pics of my stuff if I am going to be at a show? No big deal, I'm not doing any shows and won't post anymore pics but my question is.

Can I post pics of plugs I make for fun and don't sell? There has been a few threads lately about freshwater stuff and a buddy and myself built a half dozen last week. They are like jr., jr. cowboys and am very happy with them and would like to share pics.

scrapper, I think I met you at M&D's over the weekend.

From what I understand you can not post anything that comes across as "advertising" or "spam" here, even if it wasn't your intention. I read the thread out of curiosity because I was interested in what you were making. IMO, it didn't seem like you were making a attempt to advertise anything and you were just answering to a thread that was started about your plugs with some info and a few photos of your stuff. Some would consider this a attempt at advertising.

keep in mind that I could be all wrong on this and this is just what I observed.

edit**

to actually attempt to answer your question.

I think its ok to post photos of stuff that you don't offer for sale.

Main forum. Left Hook Lures. It's fine that I'm not allowed, just thought I was. I don't want to piss Tim off if I post some freshie stuff, that's all. If that is against the rules also, he'll think it was intentional by me and that's not the case.

No problem posting photos of lures that you do not sell. If you are doing some freshies stuff for your own use or for a few friends, cool to post. Posting photos of stuff that you are selling or directing people to where they can find them is against the rules.

Jigman

Also, posting pics of your stuff in a thread about another builder's plugs is in poor form and frowned upon...

View PostGotcha. So the only place for a comm. builder to post pics he sells is on the plug builder thread on the main forum, correct? ....

Correct. Tim does that thread once a year to help out the builders who contribute to the site.

Jigman