Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tikirak

how do u rig a bloodworm?

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

4-0 Baitholder hook, The one with the barbs. Just thread the worm on the hook. If you want to present a larger bait, ball one up on the hook, and leave another dangling. Use a fishfinder rig with as light of a weight you can get away with. [HOLD THE ROD] the take can be real soft.

Jim

In the very early season, you may also want to hold the line in your finger tips to detect the little taps. Once the water warms, they become more active and aggressive.

Yep, there's not much to it. Usually only takes and ounce or two to hold bottom, depending on where you're fishing.

I use baitholder hooks and hit them fast when I feel the take. I never gut hook fish and miss few.

Larger baits I'll use circles and let them run with it, but not worms.

I also like to use the tandem hook set up. One worm on the smaller top hook and two below. When it warms up, I've used Gulp worms on the top and real one below to save $. Worms are expensive now but they work. I remember the term "striper candy" mentioned many times.

D.J.

i believe rather shads are the candy for the bass...

DBS

View PostI also like to use the tandem hook set up. One worm on the smaller top hook and two below. When it warms up, I've used Gulp worms on the top and real one below to save $. Worms are expensive now but they work. I remember the term "striper candy" mentioned many times.

D.J.

Go grab a bottle of blood sent and two packs of 6in rubber worms red or tan in color, pour the sent in the bag dont forget to reseal the bag! Wait for couple days fip it over and walla bloodworms!

Dude Thread your running line through a snap,swivel and tie off. Ask abait shop for a small cork float or use a wine cork and thread it on a piece of20lb mono about 22-24" long.Tie a loop on one end and add ahook onthe other end right next to the threaded cork. I like a Eagle-Claw l 144 -wide gape about 4 o. Thread the worm on the hook about 1/2" and let the rest hang and wave fromthe cork moving in the water. Leave you clicker on and no drag on your reel. This rig is a deadly trap. No hook setting needed. As a mater of fact you could leave the rod and come back later andstillhavea fish. good luck