Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nitro882

So much tackle, so little room!!

42 posts in this topic

AAAHHHHHHHHHH

Is anyone else as sick as I am? Next Sunday I am going to Florida to fish for LM at the Stick Marsh. This will be somwhere around my 13th or 14th trip there. My problem: this year instead of having a truck and 18' boat to haul all of my stuff I am flying so I have to make significant cuts as far as what stays and what goes. Here is where the illness comes into play. I know damn well what I need and what I don't need. The problem is I have a tough time leaving home something I might need "this time" Is this the year they are going to bite that ---- lure I have had in my box for 14 years and have never used ever? Or that 1 color I just know they will be hitting someday.

Alright fess up, who else is as nuts as I am?

Bottom line I really only need a bunch of large Senkos and 10" worms(Culprits and Power Worms) in dark colors, some 4/0 Gamakatsu worm hooks, some swivels and weights, a few white and Chartruese spinnerbaits and buzzbaits,10 Rat-L-Traps and a few topwaters. Thats it. That is probably 10 or 12 pounds max. 1 small Plano travel bag. Reality is I am going to take 60 or 70 pounds of tackle and plastic for a 2200 mile trip from my shed to Florida and back and most of it won't see the light of day!! LOLbiggrin.gif

View PostDon't do it! They have tackle shops there ya know.

We are getting into Orlando about a half hour before the Bass Pro Shops opens. I figure by the time we get off the plane, get our bags, get our rental car, and drive the 15 minutes the cashiers will be ready for us.wink.gif

I always would just load the stuff into the truck bed when we drove. If I needed it I had it. We just got tired of driving after doing it so many times. Now I have kids and my buddy Frank has more kids so being gone 8 or 9 nights is tough. Driving isn't worth it unless you stay for at least a week. Besides, we beat the hell out of our trucks, trailers and boats. It is a long trip but the biggest beating comes from going back and forth to the Lake everyday. It is a lousy bumpy road just to get to the 6 mile access road. Then it is 6 miles of dirty, muddy, bumpy, washboard. The road is better than it was years ago but still it takes its toll on your stuff. I have done at least 1 or more repairs in the hotel parking lot every year that we have gone. Brakes,tires,trolling motors it goes on and on. One thing I can say is the fishing there can be worth all of the time, money, and aggravation. When conditions are right the fishing can be mindblowing.icon14.gificon14.gif

nevermind just saw you wrote flying down...

fyi remember there are weight restrictions per bag of about 50lbs usually with any airline.. thell charge you extra for the lbs.. my suggestion, just bring what you will need.. and maybe a few extras.. i know its going to be tough, but it will be cheaper and easier for you.. worse case scenerio like Paul said, they have tackle shops down there, just buy what else u would think you would need.

ship the extra stuff to the hotel monday via ground? leave it in the box unless you need it then just ship it back before signing out. look at me always thinking

View Postship the extra stuff to the hotel monday via ground? leave it in the box unless you need it then just ship it back before signing out. look at me always thinking

That thought crossed my mind as well. I am shipping the rods that way.The airline has a length restriction which my rod tube is longer than. There is a UPS store up the road that I can use to ship the stuff home too.

I will be fine. I will have no problem fitting what I need it is just the "sickness" that makes me think I need more than I actually do.smile.gif Besides our planned stop at BPS there are more than enough tackle shops in the area too.

I'm telling ya, yer gonna need that sharptruese deep diving LittleN Bagley.

And probably, well, ya might as well take that whole box, cause if a cloud comes by, they'll hit the other color. And if the wind is blowing SSE, you'll need that shallow Rebel. Better take that box cause the colors are all good. And then, yer gonna need all them plastics. Just because cwm12.giffreak.gif

View PostMy name is Nitro and I am a tackleholicwink.gif

Hey Nitro, my name is Jerry, and i am also a tackleholic, and also a reeleholic.. and also a rodeholic.. lol shieeeeeeeet!beers.gif

View Postrock on nitro attachment.php?attachmentid=220082&stc=1 we fishin this year?

Absolutely

I wanted to fish in December but my wife broke her ankle and Assunpink was iced over in January. I have some boat issues to deal with when I get back but will be ready to go before the end of March.

View PostI'm telling ya, yer gonna need that sharptruese deep diving LittleN Bagley.

And probably, well, ya might as well take that whole box, cause if a cloud comes by, they'll hit the other color. And if the wind is blowing SSE, you'll need that shallow Rebel. Better take that box cause the colors are all good. And then, yer gonna need all them plastics. Just because cwm12.giffreak.gif

LOL, I literally could get rid of half of what I have and still be in good shape. Every year I say "this year I am going to give some of this stuff away" It is not the money, I just have trouble letting go because "I might need it". I have these 2 crankbaits that I caught a couple of big smallies on the Susky near the Flats like 10 or 15 years ago. I have not caught anything on them since nor have I caught anything in that spot the last 20 times I fished it. I am keeping them because maybe one day I will catch some big smallies on them in that spot.kooky.gifkooky.gif

View PostLOL, I literally could get rid of half of what I have and still be in good shape. Every year I say "this year I am going to give some of this stuff away" It is not the money, I just have trouble letting go because "I might need it". I have these 2 crankbaits that I caught a couple of big smallies on the Susky near the Flats like 10 or 15 years ago. I have not caught anything on them since nor have I caught anything in that spot the last 20 times I fished it. I am keeping them because maybe one day I will catch some big smallies on them in that spot.kooky.gifkooky.gif

Classic cwm27.gifcwm27.gif

I'd take it all. To cut down on weight I'd take 1 shirt, 1 pair of jeans and use the hotel bath amenities. Depending on how long you stay, you should be able to bring another 20lbs of tackkle. Are you crazy?...........Hell no, you just have your priorities in the proper order.