Bridge Tolls Thats just insane

Rate this topic

Big Dave

View PostIf you happen to live in the Buzzards Bay side of Bourne and work on the Cape side this would would be like a tax increase as you would pay it every day as opposed to the people going to the Cape for a vacation...Just like the commuters who use the Pike the Tobin or the Tunnels,great huh?

According to the CCT article--this bright idea is being floated by the Barnstable County Commission. I wonder if they remember that some of us on the "other side" still live in Barnstable County? rolleyes.gif

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver

What gets me is that they said the camera will take a picture of the plate and you would be mailed a bill. Let me ask this...who is going to get the $120k job of running the plates every day, printing the bill and mailing it...another Deval neighbor?? What a crock of #$%^&*!! SOMEONE will have to get the information from the plates and run them!!

Bob Thomas
SOL#162

View PostThey'll be a run on tunnel stickers now.

Joe or Ditch... can ya' give me a hand. I purchased a CC Tunnel sticker for my car last year... but everytime I go there I still end up using the bridge. I still can't find the Tunnel's entrance????

Hooky wink.gif

LIBBA 521 - MSA 521 - ASC Go Atlantic!

Bridge tolls are more insane than tunnel tolls or Mass Pike tolls in what way? Because you'll have to start paying tolls, as opposed to us poor SOBs who pay Pike Tolls every day?

Everyone doesn't mind taxes or tolls as long as it is the other poor SOB who gets taxed. When they are the one getting tolled/taxed, then they get all bent out of shape.

All tolls are a wasteful. 30% of every toll dollar collected goes to collect and count the tolls. All tolls should be eliminated and replaced with a gas tax -- far more equitable and far more efficient.

I've suddenly become a major proponent of tolling both bridge, and tolling them hard, now that Ch 4 has announced that people who live on the Cape year round will not be subject to tolls.clapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

"Make em pay, $5 each way!!!!" is my new mantra.

The Sultan of Sluggo