Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Dave

Bridge Tolls Thats just insane

Rate this topic

74 posts in this topic

Watched it on the news this morning on channel 5 There is an active investigation underway looking at the possibility of installing cameras on the bridges to capture license plate numbers so they can mail you a bill. They are looking at a one dollar toll to go over the bridge each way on both the sagamore and bourne bridges. They estimate that it will bring in 35 million a year in revenue.

Will it ever end in this state?

How does the state think they're going to get away with charging drivers to cross bridges owned by the Federal government?

Last time I checked, those two bridges were owned and maintained by the US Army Corps of Engineers. headscratch.gif

Or it must have been a slow day in the office so they decided to yank our chain to liven things up.kooky.gif

-bd

View PostGood point Ditch. I wonder if some of these guys passed the M- CAST test.

View PostHow does the state think they're going to get away with charging drivers to cross bridges owned by the Federal government?

Last time I checked, those two bridges were owned and maintained by the US Army Corps of Engineers. headscratch.gif

That's the first thing I thought of when I heard this story this morning while running the dog. I'm sure the C of E and Fed's will cooperate with such an idea.cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

But what does surprise me is the fact that it took this long for someone suggest this.

View PostWatched it on the news this morning on channel 5 There is an active investigation underway looking at the possibility of installing cameras on the bridges to capture license plate numbers so they can mail you a bill. They are looking at a one dollar toll to go over the bridge each way on both the sagamore and bourne bridges. They estimate that it will bring in 35 million a year in revenue.

Will it ever end in this state?

What a GREAT idea, a user tax in it's truest formclapping.gif