Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChrisD

I think I have a scissor fetish

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

2 pairs of anvil ultimates 2 pairs of anvil midges and a pair of anvil quick snips (in the last three weeks) also a bobbin fetish 4 griffins and a norvise bobbin. I need to stop buying and start tying. On a side note think I can bribe gilbey not to show anyone what I sent in to the swap its a little umm too busy.

Chris,

This may only encourage your fetish, but have you also looked at the Anvil Slimline Long Reach Straight Scissors? One blade is micro serrated and the other is a little thinner. When I orient the thinner blade towards what I'm cutting, I can get a closer cut with those than with my Anvil Ultimates. I don't keep scissors in my hand all the time while I'm tying, so I mark one side of those scissors so when I pick them up I can tell at a glance which side is thicker and which one is thinner. One caution, if you're tying with mono, don't whip finish, pull real hard stretching the mono and then cut it real close. Often the whip finish will unravel. I've been doing two whip finishes, not stretching the 2nd one too much and leaving a little bit of a tag end. That has been working better for me.

Now, for satisfying my own need for more fly tying tools, those Anvil Quick Snips are looking ever so nice!.....I may have to get me some of them!..

TIM

the ultimates were on a good sale and so were the midges so I just bought them all and the quick snips I have just been eyeing for a while because I never use the thumb side lop when holding scissors in my hand while tieing.