Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
longcaster

Reg Neg is OVER

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Consesus was not reached.

For the access plan, "plan A" 17 for, 2 abstain, 4 against, Walker Golder, Neil Moore, Jim Lyons, Jayson Rylander.

The conservation/birder/enviro side wanted to reduce the ammount of accessable beach (that still could be closed for resource protection (temp)) to around 39% of the total. We are now at around 60%. They wanted all inlets closed to ORV, but not pedestrians. Their only consession was the Point. South beach would have been about 1/2 mile at ramp 49.

Consesus was not reached.

not surprised here ..

the other side wants it their way or no way !!!!

now let's see how bad we are gonna get screwed by the NPS .....cwm31.gifmad.gifmad.gifcwm31.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gif

OK I got it.

So everybody voted for something other than the BS the have had crammed down our throats.

I read the proposed plans a few months ago. The access groups plan seemed to make a ton of concessions without barring humans from the beach. I guess this was one of the plans being voted on??

CJ

View PostOK I got it.

So everybody voted for something other than the BS the have had crammed down our throats.

I read the proposed plans a few months ago. The access groups plan seemed to make a ton of concessions without barring humans from the beach. I guess this was one of the plans being voted on??

CJ

2 of the coalitions (there were 4, enviro/birds, pedestrian/property owners, local government, fisherman/4wheel drive) enviro/birds & pedestrian/property owners merged into one map-final plan B.

There were only 24 of the 29 member committee present yesterday.

Local government & fisherman/4wd groups represented the position for beach access. We had 17 members present. We put forward plan A.

NPS & USFWS abstained from voting on either position.

The wacko's wanted all the inlets closed to ORV completely, only allowing pedestrian access. They wanted south beach (ramp 45-49) closed to ORV except for approx 1/2 mile at ramp 49. Most of the north beach (Salvo-Avon) would have about 2 miles open for ORV. The point would have access, only when it was not needed for birds or turtles (basically closed to ORV May 1 to October 1).

Watch the recording of the morning session, when Dare Co. puts it up on their website.

It will soon be time for each & every one of us, to ponder, supporting a lawsuit. How much money would/could each of donate for this cause.

(this is my opinion)

And no, if it only worth $5, $10 to you, it is worthless to you. How serious are we, after-all permits to beaches above here (VA, MD, DEL, NJ, NY, CON, RI, MASS, NH, MAINE) cost how much? Requests for big donations will be coming soon, please start setting aside some funds for the lawsuit.

Reg Neg ended last Spring when the enviro groups violated its terms with a lawsuit.The eco groups should have been removed from participation in RegNeg at that time....their removal from the RegNeg process should have been the first and only topic on the RegtNeg agaenda from that point forward.

I was one of the 385 that spent hours on the workbook. I have also written numerous letters and donated to the various organizations. Regardless the parties were so far apart there was really no hope for compromise. I have come to the conclusion this cannot be won in the courts, becuase whichever side wins the first round will only cause the other side to appeal. The real solution, in my opinion, is Congressional Action to enact legislation that will leave no room for a judge or NPS agency personnel to interpret. If it is law, the courts have to uphold it and the agencies have to enact it.

View PostI was one of the 385 that spent hours on the workbook. I have also written numerous letters and donated to the various organizations. Regardless the parties were so far apart there was really no hope for compromise. I have come to the conclusion this cannot be won in the courts, becuase whichever side wins the first round will only cause the other side to appeal. The real solution, in my opinion, is Congressional Action to enact legislation that will leave no room for a judge or NPS agency personnel to interpret. If it is law, the courts have to uphold it and the agencies have to enact it.

Catch, you are wrong on that. I can't talk about it yet, we have a very strong position to present. We're looking for a law firm that is less expensive than the one we have now. Have faith & some bucks ready, we will need all the support you can give.

thanks longcaster to you all all those who have put countless hours of time and energy to get a return of beach access.

i know this issue is critical not only to my own personal desires to fish and play on the beach but also your livelihood and many of those on the obx.

the deck is badly stacked: the nps is against us, the judge is against us, and those who wish to shut it all down are in the upper hand with well funded highly paid legal teams.

i tend to agree with CatchThis that all is lost unless we get the Congress to think and act. with the polarized congress we have now, and seeing that the green machine seems to be in complete control, i am not optimistic.

please keep us posted with new developments, i will help if i can.

steve