Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pegray

best for carp

26 posts in this topic

many people make their own special recipe dough with vanilla or other flavors people make dough out of korn flakes or wheaties ive also seen people use hard dog food or catfood... you could just use plain old wonderbread and ball it up. just a few ideas...

Carp will take a variety of baits from Bread, to Corn to Maize to Tiger Nuts to Chickpeas, SPAM to expensive boiled baits from the UK.

Hard baits like Chicks, Maize or Tiger Nuts need to be fished on a hair rig.

Corn, Bread or SPAM can be fished direct.

Try this....bring a cup of Dried Chickpeas + 2 cups of water to a boil. Simmer 20 minutes, then add a pack of Strawberry Kool Aid, cover and let sit overnight. The Next day the chicks will be strawberry flavored and dyed red.

You can do the same with Pineapple Kool Aid and they will be dyed yellow.

Fish on a hair rig. My Friend got damn near a 40 lb fish on these.

Up on the California Delta we used to fly fish for them at night . I used a misquito any size from a 8 down to 10. Now down here in LHC I use what is called a cotton ball seed imitation("looks like a salmon egg fly") the colors is white with a yellow centers about 5/16" in diameter. These are tied on size 10's or 12's short shank dry fly hooks!

Prefessa is right on!!!

There are so many ways of using bait but you want to use what is general putin your local waters, lots of locals feed the ducks with bread. The bread get wet and flakes off when the ducks eat it causing the bread to fall to te bottom. This is why carp prefer bread in waters near big cities.

In Europe bollies, maize, and maggots are used quite often.

In my local ponds and rivers, regular sweetcorn and bread is mainly used. Flavored maize will work but bollies need to be introduced by baiting heavy before you fish with them to get the carp on to them. I havent had all the luck with bollies but the fishmeal ones seem to do better then the rest.

Try this site, lots of valuble info there.

www.carpanglersgroup.com

I use boiled yellow cornmeal mix flour & sugar any kind of sweet scent vanilla, strawberry anisette , anything with sweet odor pancake syrup works also, mix in when cooking. Mix cornmeal & flour in boiling water (cup of water) and sweet scents and let cook & stir as it cooks till it thickens up and can't be stirred anymore, let it cool down if you think it is too soft add more flour & mix in till you get it thick enough to stay on hook