Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoshR

what size VS

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

So i was thinking.,. if i was going to be a one reel guy.. what would i want to have.. a VS200 or VS250.. deff no bail wire..

This reel would need to be on a 11ft rod plugging in Montauk and on a 9ft rod tossing light buck tails and swimmers and plastics in the back bays.. I would consider eventually getting a second spool to lighten up the line for the back bays.. but that would be an eventually becuase spare spools are pricy for a VS..

so.. what do you think..

I think the vs 200 is a good size for 11 or 9 ft rod, it weighs about 18 oz. and has enough power and line capacity for any big bass. I just got a 200 and plan on using it with a 11 ft ron arra 1322 and a 10'6 breakaway.

I think the vs 200 is a good size for 11 or 9 ft rod, it weighs about 18 oz. and has enough power and line capacity for any big bass. I just got a 200 and plan on using it with a 11 ft ron arra 1322 and a 10'6 breakaway.

the 200 and 250 are practically the same wt. Same body but with a bigger spool and rotor. I have a 200, b/c I found a great deal if not then I would have gotten a 250.

200: 400 yds. / 15 lb.400 yds. / 40 lb.4.25:121.6 oz.2.500"33.5" / Turn

250: 350 yds. / 20 lb.490 yds. / 50 lb.4.25:122.4 oz.2.750"36.5" / Turn

If I can justify buying another VS, I can justify buying 2. Therefore, I would buy the 150 for the 9' and a 250 for the 11'.

If one is the only option, I am sure the 200 would be good on the 11, but may be a tad big on the 9'.

View PostIf I can justify buying another VS, I can justify buying 2. Therefore, I would buy the 150 for the 9' and a 250 for the 11'.

If one is the only option, I am sure the 200 would be good on the 11, but may be a tad big on the 9'.

perfect

When my 200 isn't on the 11 footer , I swap it off with a ten and nine footer, very nice on them both. And once you start using the VS you don't want to use any other reel so , yes, I think it is fine on the 9 to 11 foot range.smile.gif