Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
anglersenvy

Thank you Billy40!!!

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Billy, I wanted to thank you for supporting me and the Abalone Veneer at the ICRBE. We had a wonderful show at High Point and there was a huge demand for the Abalone Veneer that I have for custom rods. Billy, you are a true gentleman and I am so thankful that you did well on Sunday! Saturday we were worried and Sunday we looked at each other and said "What the hell just happened?!?!"

Tight wraps,

Kevin Knox

HappyWave.gifcwm15.gif Your Signature - please follow these guidelines or your signature may be disabled:

NO links or URLs - ever. NO advertisements.

Kevin, I want to thank you for the great seminar on the abalone and hanging out with you Sat. night was a blast. Between you and Billy I have so many ideas and not enough time!biggrin.gif Talk to ya later John

KEvin, it was great to meet you after talking on teh phone for the past few months. I'm glad you got to be a part of THE NERBS and what we are about. People don't get it until they are part of it, feel and experiance the love and friendship we have for each other - it goes beyond rod building.

SM250 got a taste of it as well. GReat to meet both of you guys, and hang the entire weekend. Look foward to seeing you guys again at some point before the fish show up.

Didn't get to spend much time chewing the fat with you Billy as you were busy with others. However I did finaly get to atleast meet you. I got halfway through the first page of your book and found a very intresting fact. I didn't relize you were a hurler in college. Being a former closer the bullpen pranks always kept us on our toes. I'll have to remember that one for 2010 ICRBE.wink.gif

Where did you play? I had a run 96-98 when we made some summer ball trips up to the NY/NJ in legion ball. And played some NY teams down here in NC during winter breaks when I was in college. Pfeiffer U grad 01'

Billy and John, The pleasure was all mine. I really enjoyed the weekend hanging out with you guys.

------

Kevin

In all seriousness, here is what I learned this weekend :

NERBS is not an organization, it's a state of mind.

I started my college career at Brooklyn College 1991-92, who at teh time was D1. The biggest name we faced was Rich Aurelia who was at St. John's, and we both attended the same HS in Brooklyn sperated by 3 years. After a scandal where teh basketball coach/AD was sending his people on recruiting trips to Zaire, tehy shut the entire sports program down. I then attendad an NAIA school in of all places, JAckson, MS called Belhaven (focus on HELL). I didn't fit in at all. I came back home and went to Baruch, D3 and a wate of time for Baseball, but got me focused on life more than anything, especailly after I tore my rotator cuff in 94.

Playing college Baseball was a GREAT experiance, and as you said - when you ain't playing every day, you find things to do. Oddball things, jokes, juggling, playing flip, how to eat 400 sunflower seeds in 25 seconds - I never got into chew or dip, but it was interesting to see guys chew a wad of Big League Chew, then wrap it around a wad of REdman. Every game I't take off my uniform pants to reveal a nice streak of tobacco juice along the bac of my pants, lol.

KEvin, that was over the top funny. Unnamed NERB is really cool. You now understand the "NERB State of Mind", I'm glad.

Yeah, I was half drunk at the time when unnamed NERB said that and I shot beer outa my nose!!!! That being said, I was rather let down that she backed out of the deal I had to buy the shirt off her back. Even though the ta ta's were small, it would have been a good $60 investment in my mind!!!!!

Unnamed NERB had me rolling in the isle all night!

Kev that unnamed nerb is a real A-H lol. It was great meeting you and learning about your abalone stuff. You did a fantastic job with the seminar and I look forward to seeing you again next year.

View PostKevin, great meeting you!! Excellent seminar, looking forward to putting some Abalone on a rod!

Sean E.

AHHHH yes, the great Silverback raises his head and speaks!!!! LOL Sean, the pleasure was mine

View PostAHHHH yes, the great Silverback raises his head and speaks!!!! LOL Sean, the pleasure was mine

Whoaaa!! I am not Silverback, Looney Tunes is the great one!!!

Looney Tunes = Silverback = Looney Tunes beers.gif

Silverback in training maybe, not there just yet. Sean you will be happy to know I broke MikeG in with some Zappa on the ride home, a few hours worth. He was laughing pretty good. The Legend Of The Illinois Enema Bandit was a big hit.