Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WorcBoy

Phoenix Fishing

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I am heading west the end of May for a meeting. I was reading that there are several ponds in the city that have bass, trout and channel cats.

Has anybody fished these?

Thanks

Bill

I've got a few buddies who live in Scottsdale and have been heading out there for the past couple of years to catch spring training, golf...etc. Your best bet are any of the numerous golf course ponds. Under-fed & aggressive large mouth bass for certain. I would suggest the evening bite. Just be prepared to skeedaddle due to over zealous greenskeepers. I've been 'politely' asked to leave in the past. Then again, keep some cold beer with you & offer one to anyone who says anything. Works for me.

They run advertisements about them all the time on our local television stations based out of Phoenix. The fishing for trout is supposed to be good to excellent and if it is like the rest of the state it should be good. One of the locations just open to the public about two years ago. The trout are stocked fish and not natives. The Game&Fish stock quite frequent in these parts I would guess weekly if it is like the rest out here. Best times for trout is the day they stock. As far as my experience personaly I haven't been there as of yet put plan to within this year. I am trying to make it out to Cabela's out there. It might be crowded. Phoenix is a big city with few resources to fishing.