Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Riddler

Bass Pro Spring Fishing Classic Foxy

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

I just took a look at the flyer. At least they got it right with a Striped Bass on the cover with a plug hanging out of it's mouth. I don't see anything that stands out really. I might bulk up on the 2 for 1 deals they have going on for flouro line. Looks like some deals on Suffix Braid, with mail in coupons for 6 bucks.

I was looking at the trade in reel rebate program to help benefit local youth organizations. Hopefully "The Fishing Academy" gets some of the action.

I got some decent reels to trade in for the kids. It would be nice to save up to 100 bucks on a reel like the new Shimano Stella's. But only to be disappointed in reading the small print on the flier announcing that Shimano has not decided to participate in the reel trade in program. kooky.gif

Hopefully, some of the Patriots Cheerleaders show up. That would be worth the ride. Anyone going?

Suport your local surf & bait shop! Stay away from this big box stores... sure it would neat to see Ron Arra but help the little guy not the stock holders of bass pro?headscratch.gif Where has this store been when you have needed something new? Do they buy Plugs from local plug builders? No. Do they suport local rod builders? No. Are they open at 5am when you need bait? No. you will only save 20$ by going to basspro. Call the 20$ extra you pay locally a convenience tax.

View PostSuport your local surf & bait shop! Stay away from this big box stores... sure it would neat to see Ron Arra but help the little guy not the stock holders of bass pro?headscratch.gif Where has this store been when you have needed something new? Do they buy Plugs from local plug builders? No. Do they suport local rod builders? No. Are they open at 5am when you need bait? No. you will only save 20$ by going to basspro. Call the 20$ extra you pay locally a convenience tax.

Kinda weird how they schudule a big to do on the very same weekend as the MSBA Expokooky.gif Please support your local buisnessmen and shops especialy in this economy. Hopefully see you all at the Mass Bass Show on March 7 and 8th.

View PostKinda weird how they schudule a big to do on the very same weekend as the MSBA Expokooky.gif Please support your local buisnessmen and shops especialy in this economy. Hopefully see you all at the Mass Bass Show on March 7 and 8th.

good point.....

View PostSuport your local surf & bait shop! Stay away from this big box stores... sure it would neat to see Ron Arra but help the little guy not the stock holders of bass pro?headscratch.gif Where has this store been when you have needed something new? Do they buy Plugs from local plug builders? No. Do they suport local rod builders? No. Are they open at 5am when you need bait? No. you will only save 20$ by going to basspro. Call the 20$ extra you pay locally a convenience tax.

Bass Pro is donating traded in reels from anglers for the whole week to help "local" fishing organizations that shows kids the way of the water and keep them busy and have some fun in a group setting. Now your going to give us a lecture on where to shop and then tell us your insane version of what shopping should be like? I just want to make sure I was reading this right. cwm27.gif

Hey wait a minute, they support one "local" manufacturer right off the bat. Plastics but so what, I like plastics better then wood, my choice. Hogy! And Hogy is on sale for the week. Hopefully Slug-go's go on sale.

Hogy Lure Company

PO Box 1052

Falmouth, MA, 02541

They do buy Gibbs (RI based) and our own Smellfish's Surface Tension lure (MA based) and sell them at the Foxboro location.

I'm all for supporting your local B&T as well, though.

View PostKinda weird how they schudule a big to do on the very same weekend as the MSBA Expokooky.gif Please support your local buisnessmen and shops especialy in this economy. Hopefully see you all at the Mass Bass Show on March 7 and 8th.

Actually a good decision. people traveling to the MSBA show and Bass pro shop not to far away for those who are out and about in the shopping mode.

The MSBA is looking interesting...

Whats the dealio with it? Seminars, local builders' plug booths? Prize drawings and an addition to my fishing arsenal?

Basically like the Spring Classic at BPS, but with more to do, prizes, and you're supporting local builders there?

Its seeming better than BPS...

I might actually take advantage of this since I'm looking to buy a new Cabo 40 anyway...and if enticed, maybe something a little more, although as mentioned earlier, the fact that Shimano bailed out, the Cabo would be the only thing I'm truly interested in.

With that said, I do give about 80% of my business to the local businesses - Natick Outdoor here in my area, Kay's shop (Surfland) up at Plum Island and Red Top down near the Cape...I don't mind admitting that I throw about 20% of my fishing related purchases money at big box stores given how much I also give to the little guy. Besides, most of my gift cards are usually from BPS or Dicks - and I doubt Red Top or any of the others will accept thesecwm27.gif

And I'll be hitting up the Bear's Den show as well as next week's show as well...

I do the the same as Albacized. I spread the money around and everyone gets a piece of the action. I like to enjoy that freedom to spend money where I feel like spending it.

I saved a total of 70 bucks on stuff I needed today. I didn't find a reel I wanted so I bought the 5 dollar reel behind the reel counter and donated it back and kept the coupon towards a new reel. I'll mull over what new reels were there and what I find next week at MSBA.