Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pegray

light surf rod

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

i was looking through my offshore angler magazine and i found this small but looks like a sturdy rod. its called an e21 carrotstick. it looks good/light but sturdy enough rod. has anyone ever heard or seen one of these rods and if so is it worth purchasing?

View Posti was looking through my offshore angler magazine and i found this small but looks like a sturdy rod. its called an e21 carrotstick. it looks good/light but sturdy enough rod. has anyone ever heard or seen one of these rods and if so is it worth purchasing?

I have 2 one being the gold and the other the standard. cool looking but for 150- 200 bucks. Not worth it at all. Balancing is way off verrrrry tip heavy and thats on rods rated to 5/8ths of an ounce. As far as sensitivity picture a pvc pipe filled with molasses, and thats about right. The rods don't load even it your throwing lures above their rating. The guides on the cheaper rod look like those berkely ss guides found on those fenwick hmx or uglystik light rods so you know they'll pop. The gold has no rings just a plated metal frame. The only application that I can find for the rods I have are in a boat working jerk baits, Being so tip heavy its easy to point the tip down at the water and rip away. But for the dough St croix legend tourneys are leaps and bounds better. even for saltwater, they have a rod rated to sumthin like 20oz the things crazy. Sorry for rambling but I don't really get dissapointed in fishing rods, mainly because i can always find some kinda use for em. Not these! Two thumbs down....