Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lagerhead

Trying to find truth

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

So I listen to the speeches. I realize how the world is changing when the Republican response is given by a man of Indian descent from Louisiana named Bobby.

Anyway....

Obama says he's going to cut defecit spending in 1/2 in 4 years. is he talking about the new huge defecit that the government created or is he talking about the defecit of 2008?

Also, I heard that the cost of the iraq war (around $1 trillion) was not included in government spending calculations?

I wish I could get the honest defecit record for the last 20 years..

GOOD LUCK

with that,

the numbers are so convoluted intentionally,

it is what has allowed RJ the ability to cut and paste articles for YEARS trumpeting how well Bush has done in reining in the defecit.

Fmgish, thanks for the reply. I am just slightly surprised by the answer(not the RJ part).

Trying not to wallow in rhetoric and 1/2 truths which = no truth.

I don't have time to dig. I know you are also a truth seeker, no? Trying to stay objective.

I'm simply saying they bury the truth so completely it becomes meaningless in that EVERYONE has an impression that they insist is true.

once everyone has a narrative that they believe is true, what good is the REAL truth and how do you get anyone to recognize it.

Once you can borrow against Social security,

or states borrow against pension funds...

once wars are waged OFF the budget,

how do you get to the bottom line, and what good does it do you if everyone believes THEIR vision based on partial truths is equally valid.