Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grizzdog

Trout season!

41 posts in this topic

with spring upon us I know alot of you are targeting trout, lets see some of your favorite set ups,lures,baits and ways of fishing for these. Maybe even disclose some secret methods?kooky.gif lets see some of your best trout also!

ive been using a 5.5 ft ul with a small abu garcia reel spooled with 4lbs

mepps spinners,and pins minnows have been my best lures

Bass pro shop micro spin xps lazer eye inline spinner the GREATEST lure i have ever used for trout. I caught every trout last year on that little guy they are amazing and cheap. And I am trying fly fishing this year but am kinda lost haha I will figure it out I am sure.

Pick up my new rod this week if its still at the bait shop. I use mostly spinners and 90% of the time the same one is tied on the end of the line. But here is what I carry in my vest.

picture082.jpg

picture081.jpg

I CANNOT WAIT FOR IT TO START. In the south eastern part of Pennsylvania it opens on April 4th this year. Gonna be some great times, when i get a chance i will put some picture up from last fishing season.

ive herd good things about the crawdads, yet out of all the trout and lures i have caught them on i havent ever taken a fish on a crawdad. love thhe pins minow and as of last season tiny spro buck tales are super effective in deeper sections of streams and small rivers

This is my best trout in nj. Caught her last summer:

P6240021.jpg

I use spinners, pins minnows and worms with split shot. I got her on a worm.

This picture was taken a little earlier in the season before I broke this rod...it was a cheap shimano, now I use a field and stream rod I picked up from Dicks, not bad so far!

P5230025.jpg

I cant wait until later in the spring because once the fish move on, people stop fishing and thats where I come in biggrin.gif