Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RegDunlop

Bernanke-"Recesiion to end this year."....When will Obama...?

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

The markets like that...a leader who has something positive to say....a lot of leadership is confidence even if it is only projecting confidence, without actually believing it.

Now waiting for Obama to come out tonight with his whistly voice and say" we are headed for the great depression v2 unless you do whatever **** Pelosi and me tell you to do...."

Cant wait to hear what the ass clown has to say tonight...what are we getting government issued bicycles?

Whatever he says I would be willing to wager that he threatens us AGAIN with "economic disaster" , "depression" or even worse.

Actually, he said the recovery will take years. The end of a recession is only the end of economic retraction. Today's bump has more to do with a sentiment that the market was oversold, along with higher than expected retail sales. It's not time for poms poms yet.

Yes Gama Bernanke said all that...what he didnt say, and I'll bet BO does...is that we are in the worst economic disaster EVER and we NEED to ride government issued bicycles everywhere ala the red chinese or risk sinking into a world filled with nothing but CO2 and economic depression.

BO the president of doom and gloom.

it seems like everyone and his uncle on wall street is looking for a recovery to begin sometime in the second half of 2009.

this expectation has been out there for a while.

i can see only as far as six months or so out. based on what i see, i don't see the end ... yet. but that could change.

what happens if mr. bernwankee is wrong?

what if we're in for a multi-year funk?

would not be surprised at all if this takes until mid 2010 or mid 2011 to bounce back.

One thing the POTUS can do to help the economy or at least prevent further slippage is STOP SOUNDING SO GLOOMY.

ALll he is doing is adding to the negative feedback loop and death spiral.

View Postwould not be surprised at all if this takes until mid 2010 or mid 2011 to bounce back.

One thing the POTUS can do to help the economy or at least prevent further slippage is STOP SOUNDING SO GLOOMY.

ALll he is doing is adding to the negative feedback loop and death spiral.

Would you rather him speak the truth or blow smoke?

View Posti'm sure mr. krugman would prefer the latter (cheerlead economy = boost consumption).

We had 8 years of cheerleading and failure to directly address what was inevitably coming...

bush-cheerleader.JPG

Dude when you say "speak the truth," are you suggesting that BO knows EXACTLY what is going to happen to the economy? Does he KNOW we are going into a depression? Is he trying to put us into one?

Is it right for a leader to say negative things?

Did George Washington tell his men- "you're ****ed", after facing long odds after retreating from Long Island ?

Did Eisenhower look at the Cliffs at Point Du Hoc and tell the men "you're ****ed, those bastards are gona cut you to pieces,"?

No the point is Americans always rise to the occasion when challenged and told there is nothing to stop them (even if Washington and Eisenhower really were thinking "you're ****ed") look at Kennedy's speech about going to the moon - do you think JFK knew the slightest thing about going to the moon, I would bet his expertise stopped at chasing tail and drinking booze.

View Post

Is it right for a leader to say negative things?

If it's a reasonable truth...absolutely.

You're looking for him to cheerlead regardless of reality. I find doing so unacceptable.

View PostIf it's a reasonable truth...absolutely.

You're looking for him to cheerlead regardless of reality. I find doing so unacceptable.

His economic rhetoric was hyperbole designed to push his legislative agenda. The market drops are the unintended consequences of that approach. Now he's stuck.