If you like the state you live in, please post it with 'why'

Rate this topic

129 posts in this topic

we've got east coast Maine to Florida

we've got Texas

we've got California

I think we've now got Nebraska

and I know we've got HPD in Minnesota

so share what state you live in and if you like it - why ? Are there any cons ?

I don't live in Jersey any more. Here we were able to purchase a nice home with almost an acre. Bad, our numb skull Governor wants to make our gas tax the highest in the country. You can smoke pot if you like.

Cabo

CT - quiet, safe, clean suburbs - most people just drive through it - very good fishing - small town feel but close enough to the big cities - very few tourists - no surf so swimming, kayaking, and snorkeling are safe and not wave-dependent - Yale chicks - we can make left turns, there are almost no rotaries, and the roads are well-maintained - lots of inlets, small jettys, and boulderfields - stripers all year round.

MA.

+ smartest, best looking people in the country.

+ we invented the USA

+ best striper fishing in country

+ undisputed Capital of the Striper Coast

+ gorgeous beaches and islands

+ too many things to list

+ best schools, hospitals etc etc etc

+/- high cost of living keeps riff raff isolated to certain areas

- bad gun laws

I live in South Florida. I love it. No state income tax. Electricity is cheap. My property taxes are cheap. The people are friendly. It is clean. It is new. The weather is good most of the time. It has never gone above 94 degrees. I am near the beach. Should I go on?

There are so many things to love about where I live which is why I get so pissed watching the ruin which is taking place. We got coastline despite the Army Corps of Engineers best efforts to render it uselss as an ecosystem. (I tried to stay positive, sorry). I have NYC within plain view of my house. The money-making potential is real good, even for an honest guy (morseo for scumbags though, here I go again). There's beautiful country for us to enjoy outdoor activities like fishing and hunting, etc. There's rich American History as one the original 13 colonies. So many things to love. For stuff to hate, see my other thread. smile.gif

+ No sales tax. No income tax. Less regulation (at least it seems) than surrounding states. Good fresh water fishing locally. About 1 hour from salt.

- the worst transient drivers (Massholes) in the country that invade my town every weekend (and then some). The entire town's economy is fueled by tourists (not me however).

Pennsylvania- World Series Champions, Superbowl Champions, we have a Great Lake ( Erie) , Daniel Boone's birthplace( yes, its true) cheese steaks, lots of Mafia guys live here, etc......

Why I love being a Masshole

-we are the only people in the US that know how to drive...just ask around.

-Boston is a great city - small in size, not too dirty, great sports, AMAZING history

-Cape and Islands are awesome - just ask all of the people from CT and NY that visit each year

-Great freshwater and saltwater fishing

-No place like it on earth from May to October. Some of the most perfect days imaginable.

-Great mix of coastal towns and rural mountain towns.

-The fine people of the Mass Forum icon14.gif