Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TLDig

Reality or Dream?

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Man... I'm on my third day of Chantix, and I know they said it could cause you to have weird dreams... but this is nothing like I expected. My dreams aren't "weird" per say... no platypus on a bicycle telling Mariah Carey to **** off or anything.

Instead, my dreams are so real that I wake up in the morning feeling like a) I didn't get any rest and b) wondering which of my new memories are dreams and what ones really happened.

Just everyday life dreams that really could have happened... conversations with people I know, stuff like that. Seriously having a hard time separating the reality from the fiction.

weird weird weird.

Welcome to the fun world of Chantix! The dreams were always the best part of it! Especially the sex dreams. Oh my GOD! I'd be tempted to take an Ambien to get me back to sleep and back to that dream!

I heard that you get that when you are stress out IRL. It doesn't matter what the dream is, when you are tired your brain tends to be like that when you sleep. (or try to)

Try to ease up a bit and you can get a good night sleep.

i'm only on the third day and i've noticed that there are key smokes i just haven't had the urge to have...

supposed to up it to two a day tomorrow.

i can say one thing... cigs are starting to taste like crap... unfortunately, so is everything else.

my quit day is Sunday. then i start taking two a day of a higher dose.

I've been on chantix for the month. I does greatly reduce the urge. The really hard part is to refrain from the mental habit. I didn't get the dreams.

I got to the point where if I cheated, the smoke would taste like crap and I would stand there wondering to myself, why am I being so stupid! In my opinion, chantix does work for the physical addiction but you have to work on the mental.

View Postquite common with Chantix? or just quite common in general?

cause it's never happened to me before.headscratch.gif

Very common with Chantix. Just wait till you up the dosage. That crap made me paranoid, I really felt high all the time and thought people thought I was high all the time. It got so bad, i quit taking it, then the Chanitx detox started. cwm31.gif

View PostI've been on chantix for the month. I does greatly reduce the urge. The really hard part is to refrain from the mental habit. I didn't get the dreams.

I got to the point where if I cheated, the smoke would taste like crap and I would stand there wondering to myself, why am I being so stupid! In my opinion, chantix does work for the physical addiction but you have to work on the mental.

I felt the same way. The pill made the withdrawal piece of cake, but staying away from them was so hard. I found the best way was to satiate another urge like hunger by eating. I recommend something healthy, even though I found myself eating junk sometimes redface.gif

Chantix worked for me.smile.gif I smoked 1 to 2 packs of Camels a day for over 30 years. I haven't had one now for almost two years, but I did start eating a lot more and put on quite a bit of weight. Now I'm trying the South Beach Diet. redface.gif If you want to quit you'll be able to with these. And yes, the dreams were intense. There were times I wasn't sure which memories were real!biggrin.gif

A little more than 18 months for me without a cigarette... My miracle drug.

Yes, the dreams can be very vivid. I had more than one time where I woke up screaming.

My second month on Chantix, I cut all of the pills in half and weaned myself off of them.

Still worth every one I took.

Chris