Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GFenza89

Surf Fishing OC NJ in June?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Well this year i am going down the beach in Ocean City New Jersey from June 27th to July 3rd. What is the best thing to use this time of year for the fish, and what is the most common fish availabe to catch on the surf in late june, early july? I am very used to fishing to in Sea Isle City NJ at towsends inlet in the month of september....

There should be a pretty good mix of Blues, Bass, and fluke around by then. Maybe even a few tiderunners. I would be prepared for anything that time of year. Near the inlets, the tide will pretty much determine the fish that are running through.

Your right on the bubble as far as bass fishing goes, could be perfect, could be a week or two too late, could be no bunker even show. Blues and fluke should be around. Nice week for vacation and watching the sites regardless of the fishing. Enjoy smile.gif

Its all about Corson's. In my opinion Beesley's is too wide to make any significant difference (beach vs inlet) but who knows. I think the fluke run heavy in oc this time of year, Check in with Finatics.

All great suggestions- you really have a nice bag of fish to choose from at that time- just depends on what is biting really. You could target fluke, weakies, bass at night, blues will be around. It might be too early but once the croakers/kings start to bite out front they can be fun to fish. Asking finatics is definitely you're starting point, they'll give you an idea as to what, where & when!

Water temp will be important. It was cold early last year. And the bait need to show!

I would concentrate on Corson's from the 59th St. pier to the Ocean Drive Bridge. Techniques will vary tremendously as you will go from beach front to grass /mussel beds. So, everything goes -bait fish out front around the cuts in the bars to small lures and rubbers around the beds. Structure is not big in this area but it is there.

North end jettys are also a consideration.

I am not a fan of Beasley's point from the shoreline. Very shallw and flay unless you can cast a mile.

Next to impossible to get on the sod banks on Rt 52 Causeway because of construction.

Night, dawn and dusk is best but it is hard to fish at night unless you see it in the light at low water.

NE winds stir up the weed.

Finatics is a good source of info. Some of these guys fish hard.

I'll be there trying it all.

Thanks for the advice. Yea i plan on getting some clam and squid bait, and probably some minnows. I have a few blue fish lures that i guess i will be casting around. Hey, mabey i'll see ya there boss. Look for a "Fenza Auto Body" shirt, chances are i will be wearing it on the beach!