Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pauley1

Tica Abyss vs. Daiwa Sealine Black

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Daiwa sealine black because I almost bought one to try spinning late last year smile.gif

I put up pictures of the innards a while back. I'm not sure it's as sturdy as an Emblem Pro because of all the parts, but I also have no idea how it compares to the Tica...

pauley buy the shimano. they have been doing this a long time with there series. xcellent . i only have a small one i used on a boat but gotta work great on a beach

I can't say anything good or bad about the Diawa, but I really like the Abyss. I've had it 3 years now. It gets used and abused almost weekly during the fishing season, and so far it has performed flawlessly. When I need a little extra distance, she is my go to reel. I have also battled some very large rays with it, and the drag holds up fine. I would buy it again in a heart beat.

Ken

I second the Shimano. I think its the most proven, best performing baitrunner reel on the market. The 4500 is a good balance of weight and line capacity for surf fishing.

The Penn Slammer Live Liner is also a good baitrunner reel if you prefer all metal.