Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dthawks

Trout Rod/Reel Setup

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Key largo 8' 8-10# bonefish/trout with a shimano symetre 2500 spooled with 8# diamond illusion.

RDT custom 7' 6-8# with a Shimano stratic 2000 spooled with 6# silver thread

RDT custom 7.5' with a shimano cronarch 200A spooled with 8# diamond illusion

Star nicklelite 7' med/lite with shimano sahara 2000 spooled with 8# silver thread

I have a couple others but these are my goto rods. Have rigged up with mirrolures or lead heads ready to go

View PostKey largo 8' 8-10# bonefish/trout with a shimano symetre 2500 spooled with 8# diamond illusion.

RDT custom 7' 6-8# with a Shimano stratic 2000 spooled with 6# silver thread

RDT custom 7.5' with a shimano cronarch 200A spooled with 8# diamond illusion

Star nicklelite 7' med/lite with shimano sahara 2000 spooled with 8# silver thread

I have a couple others but these are my goto rods. Have rigged up with mirrolures or lead heads ready to go

i dont have one, but ive use a friends and its a VERY nice rod!!! on the other note there custom which makes them a little pricey.

i hafe a Tica flatsmaster 7' 6" rated (i think) 1/4 to 1 1/4 with a Penn AF4000 i have 10lb big game on it i wish i had 8 to 10lb braid on it though

Cobia Slayer, That Tica/ Penn is a nice set up. I'm sure it gets the job done.

Yes, some of my outfits are a little pricey, but I guide part time, I work in a B&T shop, so there are some benefits. But there are some major drawbacks also.

View PostCobia Slayer, That Tica/ Penn is a nice set up. I'm sure it gets the job done.

Yes, some of my outfits are a little pricey, but I guide part time, I work in a B&T shop, so there are some benefits. But there are some major drawbacks also.

drawbacks of the customs? like what?

No, what I'm saying is Because I work at a B&T and Guide part time, I'm able to afford pricey stuff. (Demo models, guide program, tax write off, no sales tax.....). The draw backs are when guiding you are not really fishing, you are guiding. And when the fishing gets good, you get busy at the shop, so you don't have time to go fishing. I once had a guy try and pick a larger drum up with a newly wrap 8' trout rod,beatin.gif now it's a 7' 4" sea mullet/croaker rod, hurt my feelings.frown.gif