Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thumb-Burner

anyone plug with a daiwa emblem?

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

i plan on fishing my 5500 emblem pro on my custom xra1322 this year. it seems humongous to me right now, hopefully i get used to it soon. i test casted it a bit a few weeks ago, on that rod, and it can throw bombs.

I believe that the only difference in the Emblem models is the capacity of the spool. I have a 4500 and it holds exactly 300yds of 20lb Fireline. Although it seems like a big reel it weighs the same as my Penn 650SSM, the large diameter spool makes it seem oversize.

I used a Emblem-Z the last coupla years mated to a G.Loomis 11ft casting out 3oz jigs. It does get overbearing with the weight and you can feel you arm strain after 3 hours of playing your lure. I place the buttend of the rod against my hips and fully extend my arms gripping the foregrip of the rod. Much better for the arm then stiff arming.

pluged with them for a few seasons mainly the 5500, it seems big but not really any heavier then half the reels out there in that size, best reel for the buck if you want to throw far, and a fast retrieve is good too sometimes,just fish it youl get used to it, yes a top reel on the canal do to quick retreive and long castability

I've been plugging the Canal using my Emblem Pro 5500 mated to my XSRA 1322 for a number of years and find it well suited for the purpose.

Some of those that jig the Canal also use the Emblem Pro with a stronger rod and also find it an ideal set-up.

Anyone have problems with the bails closing on the cast? I had two of them throwing lead and bait and sure had my fair amount of snap offs.Have not used them for awhile now.

View PostAnyone have problems with the bails closing on the cast? I had two of them throwing lead and bait and sure had my fair amount of snap offs.Have not used them for awhile now.

I wonder if that was a problem on earlier versions.

The one I bought last year has a button on it to release the rotor and allow you to line it up such that the spool can't turn during the cast and trip the bail. At least that's how I use it and haven't had the bail close on me yet.. though in playing around with it, I see how it could if I don't line it up properly.