Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sandflee

Staying in Montauk

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

looking for opinions on a nice place to stay with the g/f in montauk to celebrate an anniversary. not the usual rats holes i stay in while fishing there, how is Montauk Manor? will be going at the end of March

Gurneys inn- i stay there in a time share for a week every yr and love it. Perfect and i mean PERFECT! for an anniversary. Your better half can go to the spa or sea salt pool work out and do yoga or walks on the beach. Restaraunt right in gurneys is very good and the rooms are not 5 star but nice and clean and uodated. Take our word for it, dont go anywhere else

View PostGurneys inn- i stay there in a time share for a week every yr and love it. Perfect and i mean PERFECT! for an anniversary. Your better half can go to the spa or sea salt pool work out and do yoga or walks on the beach. Restaraunt right in gurneys is very good and the rooms are not 5 star but nice and clean and uodated. Take our word for it, dont go anywhere else

everything i see on gurneys prices are insane unless i'm missing something

The NY Times just ran an article on places to stay in the off-season in the Hamptons/ Montauk ("The Hamptons Before the Crowds, Feb 20th, by Susan Stellen). You can probably search and find it.

Gurneys got a bad review, the opinion being that the rooms were much in need of an upgrade, but they did have some super mid week specials with part of the Spa thrown in. The quote $125, but that almost sounded like a misprint.

At this time of year, I also think Manor not a bad choice, but look into Royal Atlantic/ Surf Club and /or ask the Chamber of Commerce about any of the other ocean-front places.

I have stayed at the Rotyal Atlantic off season- it is very reasonable, but they do not give you the ocean front rooms. They have you in the little suites across the street. It is OK but nothing super special

I stayed at the Beachcomber for years and liked it, great balconies but the rooms are sort of boring/plain. Got engaged at the Panoramic right next to Gurney's, but that got changed to condos (that they can't sell now). And stayed at the Manor in the Winter and loved it. Fact is you go to MTK, but you shouldn't wind up spending much time in the room. Me and the wife keep going to the Beachcomber cause of the views from the balcony and the price is right. Gurneys is overpriced and rundown. And they treat people like crap unless ur a celeb.