Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HugeDinghy

picked up a Lami XS MHC

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

How long is it.What do you want to use it for.

I like the Abu's and Newells..For bait fishing live or chunked I prefer the Newell's The 235 is about the size of a squidder.The 229 an 220 are smaller..For light lures a 6500 ABU Is a good choice.. Maybe the trophy model.For bigger stuff.I would go 7000C3 Or maybe something in between like the HSN design.The Big Game models are more beefed up..

I think the newer models have eliminated some of the problems Abu has had with the previous ones.BTW, I have a older gold model in my aresenal..Along with several BiG Game and Morums...That gold Big Game is the one with the two piece main gear that has had some problems.I have fished it locked down in some hairy locations and it has served me well..If you can get a Older Big Game models they are better built.

I think the ceramic bearings are a waste of time for the surf but I would update the drags to the carbon fiber and do the grease thing like alan tanni recommends in the reel maintenance forum..

It's a 10'er...and it looks like I am going to grab Teddy's unused ABU 6500c3 CT Blue Yonder for her..seem like a good match?

This will be my first ABU

I love that rod and fish 6500-size Ambassadeurs on mine. CS levelwinds for lures and CT non-levelwinds for light bait.

The Blue Yonders are great, but they don't have a level wind, if you care.

View PostSaltist 30 levelwind.

No brakes...SCREEEEEECH CRASH!!!!!cwm31.gif

I guess he'd just have to learn fast.biggrin.gif