Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrianM38

Penn paint code help

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Is there a paint code for Penn Green. I recently bought a penn 700 that was stripped (and stripped to perfefction) to bare metal. I was actually thinking of British racing green that Jaguar used back in the day but it is too dark but not out of the question yet. Then I thought John Deere green but thats "too green". So now I would like see if I can come up with the paint code for the paint that Penn actually used on these reels

i just learned there is a company that will match the paint, if you have one with the original color and you send it to them and they will match it and send you the spray paint. i will get you the company in a moment..

The paint company is CFI (Custom Finishes Inc) and the do have a web site. It is very expensive to have the paint matched and you must buy a whole case of spray cans from CFI.

Try Hunter green it's a very close match for the 700 reels.

You might try an auto paint supplier than can computer match paint.

The reel restorer used automotive primer topped with a coat of auto paint matched by an automotive paint store.

CFI's paint code for what they call Fishing Reel Green H.G. is CF-3736 this is the green for the Penn greenies except the 700.

Hey George I don't know why you say this- CFI's paint code for what they call Fishing Reel Green H.G. is CF-3736 this is the green for the Penn greenies except the 700.

When I sent them my NOS 700-housing, that is the color mix they came up with and it's without dout the closest I ever seen, even better than Chucks.

View PostHey George I don't know why you say this- CFI's paint code for what they call Fishing Reel Green H.G. is CF-3736 this is the green for the Penn greenies except the 700.

When I sent them my NOS 700-housing, that is the color mix they came up with and it's without dout the closest I ever seen, even better than Chucks.

I though you said when you called that that was just a customer code.headscratch.gif

no that # 3736 is the mixture code for the fishing reel green paint that is a match to the greenies. The 700 is a bit darker but the paint is still a match to them all. We should do a group buy on the paint. I might start a thread on this and see where it goes.

Don, what did they say when you called? the paint i got was from fleabay and i bought 3 cans they are all gone. The seller doesnt have it anymore so the only way to get this paint is place a bulk order. So far all in this thread would be down as im sure more will want in on this too.

View PostI though you said when you called that that was just a customer code.headscratch.gif

View Postno that # 3736 is the mixture code for the fishing reel green paint that is a match to the greenies. The 700 is a bit darker but the paint is still a match to them all. We should do a group buy on the paint. I might start a thread on this and see where it goes.

Don, what did they say when you called? the paint i got was from fleabay and i bought 3 cans they are all gone. The seller doesnt have it anymore so the only way to get this paint is place a bulk order. So far all in this thread would be down as im sure more will want in on this too.

They told me when I talk to them that I couldn't go my that # 3736 and I had to send a sample pc, so i sent a NOS 700-housing. You and Andy knew I was ordering it, that would have been a good time to go in on it.