Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rustyjigz

US and China pledge economic

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

The United States and China have agreed to work together to stabilise the global economy and fight climate change. US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi made the pledge during talks in Beijing. Following the meeting, Clinton thanked China for its confidence in US treasury bonds. China, with foreign exchange reserves of about two trillion dollars, is the world's largest holder of US government debt.

Am I the only one who has a problem with this?

Source?

The United States is the world's largest holder of US debt. As for your question, of course it's troubling, but she can't tell China to dump the $700 billion they're holding.

China already won the economic war with us. We never even showed up. It would have been the equivalent of them sailing over in hundreds of warships, landing on California surf, and walking unimpeded across this country to DC and we just rolled over there too.....

At this point we would need to endure major "economic casualties" if we wanted to fight another war with them and win. Something I don't think corporate America would like, the average American wouldn't, and I do not believe as we stand our economy could fund such a conflict.....

Believe me, I despise all the people who opened our gates to China(Clinton and his Admin) and then those who never showed up to fight the mentioned economic war China brought on us(Bush and his Admin)

John

What's the problem? We drop all our objections about how China handles Tibet and human rights issues and they keep buying our paper for a while. That's our option. Problem solved. It might be a couple years maybe until they press it further.