Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gamakatsu

agent.exe

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Ever since I installed an HP printer, my comp can be running this program from 5 to 15 times at once. Then I have to close them manually with the task manager in order to avoid errors when shutting down.

What's up with that?

Running XP. Thanks. icon14.gif

Okay. I just looked it up. Hey, I don't know everything but at least I'm trying to help.

Agent.exe can be a piece of malware. It can also be a good piece of software. The fact that it's running 15 times does not seem like normal behavior.

Do a file search and tell me where it is located.

View PostOkay. I just looked it up. Hey, I don't know everything but at least I'm trying to help.

Agent.exe can be a piece of malware. It can also be a good piece of software. The fact that it's running 15 times does not seem like normal behavior.

Do a file search and tell me where it is located.

It's on my other comp. This one is running Vista. No probs with the printer.

Yeah, that looks about right.

That's the only one? If it is, that's a normal update program and probably not malware. So that's good. Now we just have to figure out why it's running 15 times.

Okay, from what I'm reading, something is stopping it from updating. Probably your firewall. Go into your firewall logs and see what it's trying to do. Go into those programs and run their update wizard.